The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What sort of attention Supras get

AgtX80

Well, ive had my supra for 2 days & had no end of prats riding my rear bumper lol is this usual?

Just now, doing 30 in a 30 zone, some guy in a jag who was going normally till he spots me & rockets up behind me, just indicated in, let him pass & started off again. Similar storys on dual carriageways except with vauxhalls & BMWs...apart from the stopping part of course :)

What is everyone else's experience like?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, im not budging in a 30 zone, its just stupid. Saw a few corsas, they did seem a little timid lol. Im wondering if people in the know like to test supras, is there any way of telling an N/A from a TT just from looking?

Well, im not budging in a 30 zone, its just stupid. Saw a few corsas, they did seem a little timid lol. Im wondering if people in the know like to test supras, is there any way of telling an N/A from a TT just from looking?

Nope no way of telling a TT from a NA. The only time you can be sure its a TT is when its a UK spec. Bonnet scoop dildo's etc.

i always enjoy the other guys reaction to me pulling over after hes been weaving around behind me. They must feel like idiots. He had a "baby on board" thing in the back window too, tut tut.

My favorite is coming off a roundabout going straight on, on the dual carriageway . Its then that you can really see the power the car has, everyone else takes forever to get up to speed lol Its a constant battle to keep the car where i want it, it just wants to go fast. I have zero points on my licence & i want to keep it that way.

id only do straight line performance up to the speed limit, its enough. I only just got this car & never driven a RWD before, it would be suicide to go flying into corners & roundabouts. Im treating it with a lot of respect.

:thumbs: on the first sentence.

I've had a fair few 306's try it on. They usually pull up alongside or sit behind you then rev the nuts off the car :rolleyes:

No way of telling NA-TT without having a look for an intercooler. I've heard plenty of people not in the know saying that "only the turbos have the bonnet scoop" or, "if its got a rear wing it's a turbo" etc etc.

It's happend to us all, all up your arse giving it all ! i had mine about 3 mth's , bloke up my arse in his focus st, put the foot down going over a round about BIG MISTAKE ! i was waving to him when my back end was side by side with his door facing the wrong way on straight and smashed my alloys up on the pavement ! felt a right tw*t ! plus mines a n/a, just cant back down ! I'VE LEARNT MY LESSON, JUST LEAVE THEM SIT THERE, IF THEY WANT TO GET PAST, LET THEM GO !! ;)

i must be lucky where i live as gf has a magane converetable,

she get people up her arse ect and wont be let out of junctions and when shes comin towards a junction people pull out if theres a small gap,

with me in supra i get no one up my bumper,maybe odd corsa {for like 2 secs then its bye bye}

same as people pulling out ect they no it looks sportie so they dont bother taken a chance to get out,

best thing is people love to look at it,lol

I get stared at all the time and knob head up my arse end. I normally slow right down to annoy them unless it's dual carriage.

They don't like that! Especially if it's a 30 zone and your speed is slowly reaching 20.... It's good fun though if there's only the one car behind you :D

i have had many a car wanting a blat with me, the rules i stick with are,

1, don,t even bother with chavs, with there corsas ect

2, don,t try in a 30-40-50 zone no matter what there car is

3, never try with anything if there is other cars around (you never know how they react to people doing silly speeds behind them

4, but with a clear road and a challenge with something meaty, i will go for it, but remember you have to accept the consequences;);)

Theres some total psychos out there on hair triggers, i dont want to find the unstable ones by pissing people off on purpose lol. Just be like a ferrari driver.... never seen one show off the performance, they dont need to, everyone knows its fast.....that and that they are too posh or too old to care