I’m thinking of converting my na to turbo, can anyone give advice on:

- Single or Twin? , pros and cons

- Most economic or best way to do it?

- Where to get the parts and the cost?

- Any conversion kits?

- Anything anyone can suggest to help?

Thanks for any help or suggestions

Guest theeendisgone

Looking to put a good diffrent wide body kit on, but would like the performance to match a little bit ! any suggestions for the kit welcome ?

what is the GTE engine ?

Also is there not a simple conversion kit for the tubo ?

To be honest you can't extract much power from the n/a without dropping a turbo on it. Also depends whether your manual or auto. Auto box can't handle that much, 5 speed is good for around 450rwhp after that things start to get realy expensive, will need a 6 speed after that. Its all down to your power goals and what you use it for

To be honest you can't extract much power from the n/a without dropping a turbo on it. Also depends whether your manual or auto. Auto box can't handle that much, 5 speed is good for around 500rwhp after that things start to get realy expensive, will need a 6 speed after that. Its all down to your power goals and what you use it for

:taped:

To be honest you can't extract much power from the n/a without dropping a turbo on it. Also depends whether your manual or auto. Auto box can't handle that much, 5 speed is good for around 500rwhp after that things start to get realy expensive, will need a 6 speed after that. Its all down to your power goals and what you use it for

the 5 speed will not last long at 500rwhp:blink:

Ok MAYBE I was a bit over zelous with that quote. Good for 400 - 450rwhp then ;)

Depending on HOW you drive aswel.

But it has been known to withstand 500 before. Ill try and find the thread!

reliably they are known to be good for around 400-450 fly wheel hp ...if treated nicely:)

Ok MAYBE I was a bit over zelous with that quote. Good for 400 - 450rwhp then ;)

Depending on HOW you drive aswel.

But it has been known to withstand 500 before. Ill try and find the thread!

500bhp at the fly(bhp) maybe but surely not at the wheels (rwbh) that would be like 580bhp at the fly :blink:

1. Cheapest and best option, sell the NA and buy a TT.

2. Next best option, fit a TT engine and gearbox.

3. Most expensive (and worst IMO) option fit a single turbo kit. This will cost many, many thousands of pounds to do properly.

Im currently undergoing a conversion on my NA.

Havin to sell the engine and transplant a TT engine in, then single turbo that.

Costin me about 7k, but im fortunate enough to have a 2000 reg supra and 6 speed box already and big brakes etc, otherwise I would av sold the car and bought a TT car. (much cheaper option tbh).

Im expecting around 650 bhp

Ian