The mkiv Supra Owners Club

the germans know how to buy a car

adam bell

after having my car up for sale only 2 weeks its now sold.

thursday night i get a call from germany asking about the car and after 30 mins giving him the full spec and some pics,he said i will be there on friday.

calls friday saying he has the flight booked and has the money in euros.

i said it is easier for me in pounds no problem i will go to several banks to change it which cost him 300 euros in commision charges.

misses his first flight gets another ticket more cost to him.

then i email his phone with the train times from luton airport with 3 stops and a 3 hour train ride to didcot.

after leaving germany at 3pm he calls me at 10.45pm to pick him up from the station.

pick him up quick blast round the bypass back to mine put the car in the garage got the halogens out to check for dents and rust and found none of course.

quick look over the engine for leaks again none.

plug his satnav in and cigarette lighter doesnt work bugger it i thought no problem he says get me some cable and i wire it off the battery and it works ok.

fill out the paperwork and count the money job done.

no messing around with the price it was the car he was looking for liked it job done.

this is a lesson to all timewasters out there who spend a hour round my house having a drive then saying oh look there is a stone chip on the bonett haha i will give you 1k less than the asking price.

i said this to him and his answer was its 14 years old of course its not perfect.

i even lent him my sat nav to get to dover docks to catch the ferry home and he will post it back to me plus 50 pounds for the hassle of lending it to me.

Yes a lesson to all timewaster's here.

When i was selling mine i got so fed up with idiots that i ended up stripping the car and selling it in bits just so that i did not end up twisting the next one's neck!

I sold a bmw to a guy from ireland not so long ago, same expierence as you. Guy agreed full asking price as long as i filled the tank up as it's supposed to be custom and a wish well gesture. He sent his nephew and gf who came paid, did not even test drive and took it. A lot of people here are just dreamers and all they want is a test drive/ride so they can tell all there mates....i been in/drove a supra and it blah blah blah.

i think your always going to get that with someone coming from a long way. its not like they are going to say hmmm if you dont knock £100 off then im flying back home, you know as well as they do that no one coming that far is messing around

well done to you though, two weeks is a quick sale for these cars :D

Well done mate

I had a similar experience from a guy from france. Very nice guy, he knew his stuff, we looked at the car in a train station car park in poor light, he was only bothered about looking around the engine bay.

Cash sale, job done. Tidy profit for me aswell!

same as me.

my garage has some halogens in but thats it.

i phoned him this morning to see how is getting on he loves it and said its seems a lot faster than his auto.

i pointed out a few stone chips, he said i dont mind my freind he spray this no problem