The mkiv Supra Owners Club

manually controlled active spoiler

miko_supra

can someone explain how to do this please (as if you were explaining it to a monkey) i've looked at the wiring diagram and it made my head hurt. (not so good with electrics encase you didnt know...)

any help will be awesome! :)

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/peter.betts/supra/TechTips/spoiler1.htm

edit: have the two relays in the diagram been added? or are they in the ecu

I did a very simple version of a 'manually controlled' spoiler. I did this by just connecting up a switch to the fuse which is effectively the same as pulling the fuse out.

So i leave the spoiler down all the time and then when i come to a big hump or such, i flip the switch, press the spoiler off button and it goes up. Then i just have to go over 60 or put the spoiler down with the ignition on, then flip the switch and it stays down ;)

Not a perfect solution i know but it's much better than taking the fuse out and leaving it down to get scraped all the time - it's the equivalent of the McDonalds money saving tip. :D

Guest Garfy

do you have an active spoiler now that you want to convert to manual control, or are you fitting one to your car?

yes you need the two relays.

Basically if you follow the wiring diagram you can't go wrong, I managed to use the original switch to, drop me a pm if you like and I'll try to explain.

I did a very simple version of a 'manually controlled' spoiler. I did this by just connecting up a switch to the fuse which is effectively the same as pulling the fuse out.

So i leave the spoiler down all the time and then when i come to a big hump or such, i flip the switch, press the spoiler off button and it goes up. Then i just have to go over 60 or put the spoiler down with the ignition on, then flip the switch and it stays down ;)

Not a perfect solution i know but it's much better than taking the fuse out and leaving it down to get scraped all the time - it's the equivalent of the McDonalds money saving tip. :D

i was meant to do this alongt time ago thanks for the reminder lol:d