The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Toyota use the s-word

lust2luv

The LF-A should be the next Supra as it is a GT. The FT-HS is too small to be the next Supra IMO, looks more like the size of a Celica.

The LF-A is also much better looking, and more of an evolution of the MKIV shape than that FT-HS. The FT-HS look's like a bath with wheel's stuck on from the front IMO. :(

plenty room for brake upgrades :)

AIUI it's supposed to have regenerative braking (in this case, braking power charges capacitors, which then return power to drive the wheels once you're exiting the bend you just braked for), so if that works as intended, I dont suppose it needs huge disks.

AIUI it's supposed to have regenerative braking (in this case, braking power charges capacitors, which then return power to drive the wheels once you're exiting the bend you just braked for), so if that works as intended, I dont suppose it needs huge disks.

I don't understand why this would mean it doesn't need large discs? Surely the larger surface area the better braking performance, regardless of whether the energy generated from braking is stored or lost... :search:

I don't understand why this would mean it doesn't need large discs? Surely the larger surface area the better braking performance, regardless of whether the energy generated from braking is stored or lost... :search:

Because the brake disc isn't 'collecting' the engery; I'm not a technical expert but I'd imagine some electromagnetic inductance device will be in operation, removing some of the need for moving mechanical parts (big brakes).

The LF-A is also much better looking, and more of an evolution of the MKIV shape than that FT-HS. The FT-HS look's like a bath with wheel's stuck on from the front IMO. :(

Totally agaree. The FT-HS is an ok motor but the LF-A is much much better looking. And is for more supra looking. Thats the way forward for Toyota and the next supra IMO:)