The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hello, newbie looking for a supra

Guest MarkA

Hello all. Found this site via an internet search, whilst looking for info on supras. I am in the process of finding/buying my first supra.

Have wanted one for about 11/12 years, since I firstr saw a mk iv supra. I have now decided I will get one, because I have always wanted one.

Currently looking to get a standard twin turbo manual (although I will consider an auto). The intention is to leave the car standard, with the exceptions of the stereo and possibly the traction control.

Hello all. Found this site via an internet search, whilst looking for info on supras. I am in the process of finding/buying my first supra.

Have wanted one for about 11/12 years, since I firstr saw a mk iv supra. I have now decided I will get one, because I have always wanted one.

Currently looking to get a standard twin turbo manual (although I will consider an auto). The intention is to leave the car standard, with the exceptions of the stereo and possibly the traction control.

Hi and welcome fella as above dont rule out autos especially if you plan on staying relatively stock and if you ever get stuck in a 3 hour traffic jam youll thank the god of gears for the auto box.

Chris

Guest MarkA

I'm not against having an auto, but I would prefer a manual as they are more fun. The car is going to be mainly used at weekends and when I have time off work so traffic isn't that much of an issue.

It is unlikely I would use the supra to commutte in because I work in the smoke and driving in sucks. Bike is much better if I have to, but I normally go on the train.

• 2 months later...
Guest MarkA

I have now bought a supra :) Paid for it yesterday, just got to wait for her to be brought to the uk and be registered etc now.

Have bought a 96 N/A in white, manual with LSD. Apart from that it is standard.

Only thoughts on mods at the moment are possibly a high flow element air filter and a cat back system (either hks silent hi-power or a mine's silence-vx) and a stereo (will look at car when I get her to decide if I can do what I want to).

Time to join up as a full member now I suppose.

I have now bought a supra :) Paid for it yesterday, just got to wait for her to be brought to the uk and be registered etc now.

Have bought a 96 N/A in white, manual with LSD. Apart from that it is standard.

Only thoughts on mods at the moment are possibly a high flow element air filter and a cat back system (either hks silent hi-power or a mine's silence-vx) and a stereo (will look at car when I get her to decide if I can do what I want to).

Time to join up as a full member now I suppose.

congratulations..........look forward to seeing some pics :)

get a double-din touch screen!?

Guest MarkA

I live in Farnborough (for my sins).

My supra will be 5 speed. I have been told that all n/a's are 5 speed if manual unless they have had a gearbox change.

Pics will have to wait untill she arrives but I will get some up when I have her.

I wasnt going to get a double din unit, but stereo plans are dependant on space/mounting depths which will be figured out when I have the car.

welcome to the club dude :hi:

there were some N/A's that had the 6 speed box from factory, all were facelift models but figuring out why some do and don't is a strange one.

anyway congrats on the purchase and enjoy :D