The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Just driving conditions or something else?

Guest andychase

Guest andychase

Evenin'

I've been using the Supe for the odd bit of commuting recently and the back end has become very lively. Now I know that it's a tad on the cold side and the gritters are out, but I'm a bit concerned about it.

Pulling out of a junction the other day the back end stepped out, and again today on a roundabout, I'm not accelerating hard at all, but it feels like I'm almost driving on ice most of the time.

I had it over at Toyota the other day for a free vehicle safety check, they've said it'll sail through the MOT (always a nice thought) but the front shocks are leaking (£830 to sort...), other than that all ok???

I've just read Class One's winter driving tips and I'm driving really carefully at the moment & up until now she's always handled fine, am I over-reacting or should I be shopping around for some new suspension or just new bushes or anti-roll bars???? Any advice please? :)

Evenin'

I've been using the Supe for the odd bit of commuting recently and the back end has become very lively. Now I know that it's a tad on the cold side and the gritters are out, but I'm a bit concerned about it.

Pulling out of a junction the other day the back end stepped out, and again today on a roundabout, I'm not accelerating hard at all, but it feels like I'm almost driving on ice most of the time.

I had it over at Toyota the other day for a free vehicle safety check, they've said it'll sail through the MOT (always a nice thought) but the front shocks are leaking (£830 to sort...), other than that all ok???

I've just read Class One's winter driving tips and I'm driving really carefully at the moment & up until now she's always handled fine, am I over-reacting or should I be shopping around for some new suspension or just new bushes or anti-roll bars???? Any advice please? :)

my advice is take it easy the roads are well greasy more this year because the additives in the gritting, oh and i would never use toyota, but then thats me;)

It is a bit slippy out there, as I had the pleasure to find out. Just take it really easy, if you've got snow mode, stick it on, it limits revs so really helps slow you down. It's not great but it's better than wrapping it round a tree.

Sometimes though, even being careful, it will catch you out;)

Guest andychase
What wheels and tyres are you running (particularly what brand of tyre)

They're Full Run's (I've never heard of them either), I checked the tread not too long ago and it was around 5 or 6mm.

Maybe just an upgrade in tyres then? Oh and then there's the leaky shock's.....

Guest andychase
It is a bit slippy out there, as I had the pleasure to find out. Just take it really easy, if you've got snow mode, stick it on, it limits revs so really helps slow you down. It's not great but it's better than wrapping it round a tree.

Sometimes though, even being careful, it will catch you out;)

Yes mate, I just read up on what happened, sorry to hear about it. :(

No snow mode for me unfortunately so I'll just have to bit a little careful on the throttle.

Oh, and there's nothing wrong with neons! :D