The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Have wheels, will travel

razza

Many thanks to John Fisher for parting with his Racing Harts, left over from his smash a while back:thumbs:

Insurance company was a pain and wouldn't pay for more than one wheel so the outlook looked bleak (since they don't make them anymore).

However will get these now back end of next week hopefully and be back on the road once more:d

No suspension damage just the rear wheel and a crack on the sideskirt so all sorted and happy once more:)

Touch wood that's my run of bad luck out the way:taped:

Will be getting the wheels Weds next week, then drop them off at the garage Thursday morning so should get it back that day.:D

Hopefully I'll get a courtesy car tomorrow so at least will be able to move away from public transport...

Having serious thoughts about selling up though as too much money's gone into it the last couple of months that I can't afford to outlay. It'll be in a great place next week however I have debts to clear before the wedding and my head is starting to take over my heart:(

It's a great car and drives even better than before with the new engine and UK turbos on it, and would be seriously gutted to see it go, but I may have no option to sell up and get a less expensive car (value wise), not discounting the supes though, so may be an n/a...probably something around the £5k mark as my bank's taken a hammering it doesn't like, and with all the other costs going on at the moment I need to clear some of this cost.

God, that made me feel sad writing that...:cry:

Will be getting the wheels Weds next week, then drop them off at the garage Thursday morning so should get it back that day.:D

Hopefully I'll get a courtesy car tomorrow so at least will be able to move away from public transport...

Having serious thoughts about selling up though as too much money's gone into it the last couple of months that I can't afford to outlay. It'll be in a great place next week however I have debts to clear before the wedding and my head is starting to take over my heart:(

It's a great car and drives even better than before with the new engine and UK turbos on it, and would be seriously gutted to see it go, but I may have no option to sell up and get a less expensive car (value wise), not discounting the supes though, so may be an n/a...probably something around the £5k mark as my bank's taken a hammering it doesn't like, and with all the other costs going on at the moment I need to clear some of this cost.

God, that made me feel sad writing that...:cry:

I bet you change your mind as soon as your back in it, glad to see it's an easy fix aswell.

See how u feel after a nice summer bombing around in it buddy!, im sure that will make you forget the money.

Thing is, I know it will, however her indoors won't forget....and I made her a promise to clear my debts before the wedding, something I was on track for before my engine woes happened.

It's not something I've thought about lightly but at the end of the day she is more important to me than any car ever will be, and I don't want to break that promise (she can consider it a wedding gift, just don't expect anything else lol!).

I'm not on a massive downer about it (anymore anyway:)) as Honeymoon's just been booked and looking forward to doing the fun parts for the wedding now, just starting to think realistically about things.... (damn that guy in my head!!:tongue:)

Just off the top of my head thinking either 300zx TT, Supra NA aerotop, MR2 T-bar turbo, until weddings out the way, debts are cleared and then I'll be hunting again for a nice TT. Although I doubt very much I'll be able to get one like mine again, not many green one's around:search:

Good news about the wheels Darren :)

It's sad to hear you're thinking about selling. I would try to find a way to keep her if I were you. I know it's just a car but I have a feeling you would regret it massively if she went after the struggle you've been through to get her running perfect. Only you know you financial situation and whether you could find a way though.

Maybe sit down and have a chat with your fiancée about it, she may want you to keep it if you explain how much it means to you, you never know :)

What's the worst that could happen? You keep the car, fiancée throws a fit and leaves, you don't have to fork out for a wedding! Chris Wilson would be proud of you :D

I'm personally not too concerned about the financial state, yes it's a bit worse than where I'd like it to be, but after the wedding's gone I can clear it pretty quickly.

She's asked me to clear debt which I did a great job over the past year knocking about £6k off it whilst saving hard for the wedding at the same time, however the past few months have added about £3.5-4k back on:(

This concerns her, and the fact she apparently worries everytime I go training that I'll get too excited by the car and push it too far. :innocent:

It's not my fault the engine blew (boost controller wired up incorrectly and age of turbos) and I couldn't help the latest scrape, she doesn't see it that way, and maybe part of it is to get an easy life. She doesn't drive so doesn't understand issues you face when driving every day.

I'll find a way to do both, but I think maybe the best option for us both at the moment is to sell up.

I'll then have kept my promise and we'll have a great day with no debt hanging round our necks, then I can look to buy another one and plough loads of money into it:innocent:

I know I'll feel different when I get it back next week, but I'm going to have to think long and hard over this, and have that conversation again with her.

You all may be required for some deep thoughts over the next few weeks, until then let's hope it's nice driving weather:eyebrows:

How this turned from a 'yey I've got my car back, happy days!' thread to a 'I'm going to sell my car' thread, I'll never know....:blink:

10 reasons why cars are better than women!

1. Its easy to turn a car on.

2. Your car doesn't get jealous if you're found inside another car.

3. Your car will take you to a football match.

4. You can pick up other women with your car.

5. Your car's body doesn't get fat.

6. You can get inside your car all month.

7. Your car still looks good in the morning.

8. You can control a car.

9. You don't mind another man servicing your car.

10. You know your car's complete history.

;)