The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Front Bumper Question

Firestorm

Hey chaps,

okay so many a peep on here giving me stick about my snow plow :innocent: so heres a q. to stop me from bottoming out over stuff- like curbs or lumps etc- do you think it be wise to maybe screw a thin sheet of metal to the underside of the front Veilside Bumper- so that its not visible from the front of course but just rite underneath. might just take some of the stick if i do scrape rite?

that or ive gotta raise my ride height :blink:

oh and that damn honkying sound (not my horn) is back- when i kickdown again- i swear its a dodgy Wastegate! (i checked my defi warning limit and i dont get anywhere near it when it kicks on- most tends to be when i get near 4k rpm- that or shattered a turbo? any ideas?)

Just go slower over the speed bumps. Problem solved. A metal plate would help I imagine, but if it would prevent cracking if you hit one too hard im not so sure about.

well i got over really slowly! i think theres a like tiny crack but thats about it. its the unexepcted dips in the road- i think i mite look into raising the ride height.

I see. Well give the plate a go. It cant sdo any harm:)

ok kewl. thanks hoff! :D- im just trying to save damage-like i really slow and creep over humps etc but getting off driverways get be a bit tricky and i hvaent attempted the multi story- if anything im just trying to save any cosmetic damage.