Virtual Works Turbo kit

_Shane_

was lookin at one of these thats for sale

at the moment but heard its a monsterous

turbo and very laggy

Precision PT80 80mm turbo with a T4 .96 exhaust housing

would ye use a turbo kit like this ?

Most certainly :D

for 4th gear traction issues in the dry and with a PROPERLY built engine ;)

But it TOTALLY depends on what you are using the car for....

if it is a daily driver then no way in hell would I use it.

if it is for the occasional street run and mainly for drag strip, I would consider it.

If it is for purely drag strap then I would go bigger and use N2O for spool....

But that turbo will have a LOT of lag on a 3 litre motor (no matter how well flowing) and you wont see full boost till at least 5k rpm + is my guess

It all depends on your desires. But if you dont have a fully built motor and you like to drive your car rather than trailer it...then for me it would be a big no no.

PT 67 would be spot on for the street from what I have been told

my supra is an everyday car

going for a full rebuild in the next few months, was thinkin of the hks t51 kit

but heard that this kit, although supra laggy can make 1200 +

not thats its going to be used

just thought i would ask ye for your input

thanks for replyin mate ;)

Have you been in a single turbo Supra Shane? If not then I would try to blag a ride so you can experience what they are like.

For an everyday car, I would personally go no bigger than a T67 turbo. I wouldn't get too hung up on big hp numbers, on the road it is all about usable power, 500-600hp is more than enough for the road IMO.

T67 sized max for the road for me. It will be able to produce enough power to kill almost anything bar the most exotic if you can harness the power it can produce.

Mine early this morning was pulling 100 leptons by feathering the throttle, 4th was the first gear I could use without fear of lighting the wheels up & even then it wasn't a case of foot flat to the floor (more like gently squeezing).

on the road bhp is really not that important at all. Its all about the torque and when it comes in. Theres no point having 10000000000bhp but only having all your torque come in at 6k rpm as you aint going to overtake anything mid range (ie 40 - 80). You will find yourself having to change gear all of the time and to be fair the enjoyment is kinda lost.

For example my supra is probly running 350-360bhp, my old mans Griff 500 is around the 280-300 (depending on how switched on TVR were when they built it). Now down the B roads I was able to sit right with him through the corners but as soon as we hit a straight he would pull away (and not change gear). I on the other hand would have had to drop down a gear (or 2) for the courners to keep the rev's up and then nail it on the straights to keep up.

The reason being his torque curve is much more smoother so he has more pulling power through out the rev's.

Hope some of that made sense