The mkiv Supra Owners Club

AeroTop Manuals

Guest Paul1982

Guest Paul1982

Hi guys,

First of all Hello to all on here, new member and first post.

I've had all sorts of cars M3's/Elise 160/RX7/vr6'S etc etc so so stranger to power.

I've always loved the supra's when done properly - Seen some shockers around my area but some real nice ones in cardiff.

I've fallen in love with the Aero-Top's but looking at the standard specs and am seeing, they dont do Manuals as standard!!!!!! Why!!!!!!

I'm sure you guys have heard this a million times (Sorry!!)

Anyway - Does anyone know of a converted one to Manual kicking about????

I dont think I care if its TT or N/A as its not the power i'm after - its the looks.

Will be putting my Euro Style VR6 for sale soon to buy a nice example. I really want one with nice big rims, aerotop, manual and NO SPOILER...... Just think it looks more classy that way.

Any pictures of NON SPOILERS/MANUAL AERO'S would be nice!!

Hello, and good luck with your search. :)

Most aerotops in the UK are auto, I'm afraid, but its an excellent box. Only the lucky US got the manuals, but they will be LHD though. I originally wanted a manual, but I'm happy with the auto, and as its a BPU TT I don't really have any issues at all ;)

Guest Paul1982

Lol thanks Jody - I've seen a few people talking about £2.5-3.5k conversions - Is it really that hard to do??????????? Surely you can pick up and manual box with all linkages and do it yourself for under £1k - Or is there something different on the supra's that stops it bein that easy ??

Guest Paul1982

That would be good enough for me :-) - Whats the big difference in boxes (5 to 6 speed) then?? My Old evo M3 6 speed box was just an over drive gear for MPG didnt really make that much difference.

For it to be that much £££ difference i'm guessin there must be a big difference on the supra.

Hello, and good luck with your search. :)

Most aerotops in the UK are auto, I'm afraid, but its an excellent box. Only the lucky US got the manuals, but they will be LHD though. I originally wanted a manual, but I'm happy with the auto, and as its a BPU TT I don't really have any issues at all ;)

I didn't think Toyota ever made a manual aerotop???

Guest Paul1982
I didn't think Toyota ever made a manual aerotop???

There was meant to be less than 10 TT Manual Aero's in America but are all LHD.... So would cost more to convert to RHD that changing box i guess

Guest Paul1982
PS the 6 speed box, prop and diff are totally differnent to the 5 speed..

People are running 800+HP on 6speeds... The 5s max is about 450HP if your lucky..

There is a huge diff in price too!

Well Jody its a good thing 300bhp is all I want ;-) this will be my every day car so i've had my petrol drinkers and my tyre eaters for a few years so thats why I can live with small bhp (which is still faster than most cars) and reliable!!

There was meant to be less than 10 TT Manual Aero's in America but are all LHD.... So would cost more to convert to RHD that changing box i guess

99% of supra's in the USA are aero's and mostly manuals, it's the hardtop manuals that are rare in the states ;)

• 1 month later...