The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Lucky to be alive.....

ManwithSupra

Not me.... Im fine and dandy.

But a guy who lives around my area has or should i say had a supra, he was going to sign up as a member soon but i had a call from him on sunday telling me that he had an accident not long ago....this guy was lucky to be alive after this....

As far as he said he was driving and a animal ran out in front of him he swerved at 55mph and lost control of the car (not sure if it was wet he did not say) he then took out a lampost and two small trees and then rolled it on its side,

He only just got out of hosiptal recently and this is the first oppertunity for him to call me and tell me of this, apparantly he had some serious injurys.

He really is very lucky,

He is on the lookout for another Supra TT so i said that i would look for him so if anyone knows of any good ones then PM me and i will send him the info...

Pics of his very sadly damaged supra...

100_4151.jpg

100_4152.jpg

01122007836.jpg

01122007850.jpg

pah, gimme 30 mins with my t-cut and dent remover and it'll be good as new.

But seriously, yeah it was lucky he didn't have a passenger and good that he's ok, but if he was only doing 55 that does seem like a large amount of damage but than again it all depends on the conditions etc, etc.

pah, gimme 30 mins with my t-cut and dent remover and it'll be good as new.

But seriously, yeah it was lucky he didn't have a passenger and good that he's ok, but if he was only doing 55 that does seem like a large amount of damage but than again it all depends on the conditions etc, etc.

Only 55?? Hands up here who's confident enough to sit through a 55 mph crash. But seriously, 1500kg at 55 is a lot of energy to deal with.

Only 55?? Hands up here who's confident enough to sit through a 55 mph crash. But seriously, 1500kg at 55 is a lot of energy to deal with.

That's what i mean about the conditions though, if he was sliding he would lose speed and hence hit it at maybe 35-40mph but if the roads were wet, greasy, etc then it would not lose much speed and hence I would agree with what you said.

That's what i mean about the conditions though, if he was sliding he would lose speed and hence hit it at maybe 35-40mph but if the roads were wet, greasy, etc then it would not lose much speed and hence I would agree with what you said.

Ah right. I've been in a couple of sub 15mph bangs and the impact seems huge. A high speed impact must be appalling.

Ah right. I've been in a couple of sub 15mph bangs and the impact seems huge. A high speed impact must be appalling.

One of my freinds was in the back of a corsa and was killed when it lost control at 80 and hit an oncoming car(vectra) and didn't look as bad as that. But this was due to a s**tty b**tch of a driver who had no f**king remorse for what she had done!

Two words for ya Roll Cage!

Seriously, in the interests of both driver and passenger safety I'd get one fitted, I've seen too many sups that look exactly like that, Wonder if even the moderate Do-Luck Chasis bar alone, would prevent it going so far in?

I'm butchering my Do-Luck up and getting it welded across the RollCage I have in now for extra support(I cant be ar$*d with loads of custom fabrication)

Two words for ya Roll Cage!

Seriously, in the interests of both driver and passenger safety I'd get one fitted, I've seen too many sups that look exactly like that, Wonder if even the moderate Do-Luck Chasis bar alone, would prevent it going so far in?

I'm butchering my Do-Luck up and getting it welded across the RollCage I have in now for extra support(I cant be ar$*d with loads of custom fabrication)

Couldn't agree with you more.

Its wierd, I hit a Nissan Navarror at around 50mph in my old celica. The impact didnt feel all that bad but the pic in my garage shows how bad it can be. Maybe at slower speeds you stop more suddenly and gives you that extra jolt. I dont know. I do know though, at any speed its a horrible thing to have happen to you.

Edit: Just to clarify, he pulled out infront of me. I dont want people to think im a worse driver than I really am:rolleyes: