The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I'd like some Single Turbo advice - (New Thread Title)

Guest rpb2jz

ok guys i wanna start some engine work soon.....

now a few people tell me to go single turbo.... which im not entirely sure about????

now i ask for your advise...?

im not to keen on a lot of lag.....

i would prefer twin turbo....

wot do you guys say i should do??

now a few people tell me to go single turbo.... which im not entirely sure about????

Are you manual or auto? Small single is the way to go personally, low spool which should hit full spin before the 2nd turbo in the sequential system would :) Something along the lines of T61s, GT35rs etc.

:confused:

right i guess some of the guys here are a bit sarky with there answers which is a bit imature!!!!!!!

now if this question is nopt clear enough for some SORRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but the question is wots the best route as this is my first turbo car

right i guess some of the guys here are a bit sarky with there answers which is a bit imature!!!!!!!

Details are needed for a decent reply. The search button is by far the best resource for answers but if you explained what sort of power you want. Where you do most of your driving (race track, twistiy roads etc) how much you have to spend. people would be able to advise you better ;)

Before diving straight into a single turbo conversion, you need to make sure it's the right thing for you and what you plan to use the car for.

What is the current spec of the car (auto/manual & all engine related modifications)? Have you looked down the BPU route? Ever been in a single turbo?

And finally what makes you think you need such a huge level of horsepower? It's not for everyone!

Here you go read this thread:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showpost.php?p=1578141&postcount=36

Gives you an idea of what you need and costs involved.

Cool, saved me searching for it :D

I read your first post and had no idea what you were asking, so didn't bother replying.

There are a lot of experienced members willing to give you good advice, but unless you give information about your car, your aims, you budget, etc. etc. and ask a clear question, how do you expect these members to help you?

My question to you would be, whats your budget?

If you have a min of 8.5K to spend on an old car which will IMO stop it being a daily driver then the first thing to do is get a ride in a properly set up single.

Its not something to be taken lightly. The other very important thing to consider is insurance....... doesnt come easy on a single.

Good luck and happy hunting.

I paid 12k+ for my twin Turbo supra. Bought it for its mods and looks.

Never been in a single, I hear that when the boost comes on in those you can really feel it.

My car is a penis extension, and the way I look at it is God gave us two testicles so, toyota gave us two turbos.

Works for women too, just put in breast instead of testicle.

:blink:

I paid 12k+ for my twin Turbo supra. Bought it for its mods and looks.

Never been in a single, I hear that when the boost comes on in those you can really feel it.

My car is a penis extension, and the way I look at it is God gave us two testicles so, toyota gave us two turbos.

Works for women too, just put in breast instead of testicle.

cheers thanks for all your replys the motor is a basic import 6 speed manaul import no mods wot so ever im gonna look thro the site tonight using the search engine b4 asking any other questions sorry guys new to the scene of forums thanks again for your help