The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Boot brake light mod = fog light?

Guest CoolsBlue

Guest CoolsBlue

ok any help on wiring a fog light in? i have relocated the small fog switch on my dash to the under dash panel, but when i turn my sidelights on, in the supra the fog light in the headlights come on to, the small switch on the dash does nothing, help?:)

No

Fog lights need to be on either side of the car.

It's legal to have one , it has to be on the centre-line or off side of the vehicle. :)

The centre brake light is just within the maximum height restriction of 1m. I'm not sure what the brightness requirement is.(It doesn't look like there is a minimum requirenent for illumination)

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/SI/si1989/Uksi_19891796_en_16.htm#nsch11

mine was on there for a while and it went through a few MOT's ok.

I've recently changed it though as I got fed up hearing that my middle brake light wsasn't working form anyone who followed me :tongue:

My central brake light is still a fake one, and I've never had that comment. People down south are obviously too jealous :D

sure it's just not wired in? A few people have found that theirs actually worked, just wasn't connected...:rolleyes:

Only just seen your post :)

Nope, mine's an early UK car which has a fake - the wire's are there boot to simply plug in a new one, but the wire itself isn't connected :rolleyes:

Only just seen your post :)

Nope, mine's an early UK car which has a fake - the wire's are there boot to simply plug in a new one, but the wire itself isn't connected :rolleyes:

IIRC there was some legal issue with LED lights when the Supra was released in the UK (something about them not being allowed). It meant that the centre rear brake strip was not approved so they were either disonnected (early models) or replaced with blank plates (mid models), or had working ones (late models) :D

IIRC there was some legal issue with LED lights when the Supra was released in the UK (something about them not being allowed). It meant that the centre rear brake strip was not approved so they were either disonnected (early models) or replaced with blank plates (mid models), or had working ones (late models) :D

I've got a blanking plate thing on my 93 UK (it's definitely not a working light that's not plugged in). I've got a replacement real one I bought off a member last year, but I've yet to get round to Chiefgroovers wiring faffing on post 13 :)

I also need to invest in some long/deep sockets to be able to fit it to the boot!