The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Well I had some mapping too !

Muffleman

As you know, Ryan was down at AFR today mapping Gaz's car after we'd done all the engine work etc.

We'd just finished with Gaz's quite frankly excellent result when Ryan offered to do some mapping on the Trial car. Well, when someone as highly regarded and experienced offers to map your car, you don't say no :D

The car hasn't been remapped since the engine build last year.

The result ? Er, it won't maintain full boost to the redline and we started to encounter fueling issues at the top end and had to stop. However, I am VERY pleased with the results so far !

Ryan was mapping either 15 or 18psi when it made 577bhp, BUT the 577bhp was made at 14psi !!! So I'm now going to check both the bov and wastegate to find why the boost is tailing off. Also going to fit an aeromotive FPR inplace of my HKS one and check both pumps are working. Then we can finish the mapping.

577bhp at 14 psi ? Can't wait to hold 20psi :eyebrows:

I'll let Ryan add to this later because the turbo is spooling up very quickly, certainly surprised Ryan !

So, another BIG thanks to Ryan - the guy is a natural ;)

yeah i was tepmted to stay but needed to get home to a nice warm house:d i have a cold beer but also a cold house as the central heating is like my gearbox:( it just gets better:rolleyes:

You need to buy a lottery ticket with your luck at the min!

As Matt has said above i was shocked at how soon this turbo made boost seeing as it is not exactly small :)

This run was in 4th but 14psi but 3800rpm is not bad for a turbo this size. Gaz1 t67 was only around 300rpm quicker but that does have a leaky BOV at present.

Enjoy