The mkiv Supra Owners Club

ETTC, is it safe?

tomgeer

I am thinking of doing the electronic true twin conversion on my car.

Has anyone had any problems after doing this, Is it worthwhile doing to increase fuel economy and just for a bit of fun to change the way the car drives?

All I need to know is where can I buy the dpdt rocker switch from?

thanks guys

I use to have mine set up in parallel when I was running the stock twins. I had an emanage fitted though which was mapped to suit the parallel set up.

Without some way of adjusting the fueling and ignition I personally wouldn't recommend it.

Why do you want to change it?

I was told it would increase fuel economy and be better for everyday use, I love the way the car drives and was under the impression you could change it back to normal with the flick of a switch. I thought it might be fun....maybe not though!

cheers for that guys

Mine has "the switch" in it. I tend to flick it over to parallel when on motorways, so the first turbos not sat there whizzing away while im cruising along.

In theory it should save you fuel in situations like that - but i ready something this morning that the ECU learns and adjusts the timing to suit, but this takes time.

SO - is switching between them a good plan? it would seem possibly not, choose one of the other and stick with it?

Which is a shame, as it can be a bit too loud in parallel mode (especially de-icing the car first thing, making peoples windows rattle! :innocent: Although fun through tunnels!