The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Never buy cheap body kits.

The Raven

Guest CoolsBlue

rivet them into the body so there not blended in, mask the gapss to the blody so you miss the arches, spray the spat after filling over the rivets and whamo perfect fit and painted!;)

rivet them into the body so there not blended in, making belind the gaps so you miss the arches, spray the spat after filling over the rivets and whamo perfect fit and painted!;)

I fixed it by drilling out the holes to match the stock one. But where it sits on the wing there is a nasty gap. Rivets you say............ Im so going to cock this up but i wont stop till they look good or i totaly mess it up with not hope of fixing it.

You get what you pay for these days I'm afraid.

I have my own business making bodykits, mainly for the MR2.

When i'm going to be making a new mould i make sure the item i'm going to be making the mould from is a damn good fit first.

But i still tell people to "TEST FIT" before spraying.

TIP, If you have an ill fitting piece as you have with the spats, put a wide band of masking tape (to protect paintwork) on the car where the spat is supposed to touch, ie along top edge, put a bead of bodyfiller on the inside edge of the spat and then put the spat in place, the filler will squeeze out, and hold while the filler sets, when it goes rubbery gently trim excess off with a knife. When it has gone hard take the spat off (it will release from the masking tape) and sand the outside edge to shape. You should now have a spat that fits snuggly to the body of the car.

Same practise can be used for other parts of kit where the fit isnt great.

why not maskin tape up the back of the car first then build up the gaps on the spatz with fiber glass and body filler? only use the 2 fixing points in the wheel arch with self tappers and then tape them to the bumper until youve got a good fit

Eeerr isnt that what i said in my post??

TIP, If you have an ill fitting piece as you have with the spats, put a wide band of masking tape (to protect paintwork) on the car where the spat is supposed to touch, ie along top edge, put a bead of bodyfiller on the inside edge of the spat and then put the spat in place, the filler will squeeze out, and hold while the filler sets, when it goes rubbery gently trim excess off with a knife. When it has gone hard take the spat off (it will release from the masking tape) and sand the outside edge to shape. You should now have a spat that fits snuggly to the body of the car.

Same practise can be used for other parts of kit where the fit isnt great.

From Becks post

Dave said do as Soaruss says you cannot go wrong

I always prefer to use fiberglass bridger, especially if there are large gaps, less likely to crack, also if a piece your fitting seems to push the rest away ie slight warp, i usually see if there is to much fiberglass thats causing the problem, that can be removed first, another common problem is that on things like skirts, they don't tend to have any provision for the std mounting points, i usually build these up so the spacing is correct, makes it easer when gluing them on.