The mkiv Supra Owners Club

19" ok for a Supra?

Guest smith.s2k

Guest smith.s2k

Im collecting a shopping list for my next car and top of the list is a set of Jade R 19inch wheels. Just wondered if anyone has had any problems with 19's on there Sup? Plus im lowering it too.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Im collecting a shopping list for my next car and top of the list is a set of Jade R 19inch wheels. Just wondered if anyone has had any problems with 19's on there Sup? Plus im lowering it too.

Do a quick search mate. I'm looking at a new set of wheels too and the general opinion are 18's for handling, 19's for looks.

I run 19s and dont get any rubbing. Handling wise, the ride is a little bumpier, you do get tramlining from time to time and fast cornering isn't as fast anymore. But I have no problems with 19s on the whole. Id recomend getting a full geo set up though. If you drop the suspension the ride will be very harsh and you will probably need to roll the arches.

if you could get the chance try both. I've not driven a Supra with 18"s but with my 19"s I find the ride quite bumpy and tramline a bit.

Also think of the costs for the rubber and getting stock if needed straight away.

No one in cornwall stocks 19" tyres that I found and needed same day!

19s are fine on mine too. Depends what width you go for and obviously offset in terms of rubbing. 265/275 wide tyres on the rear and you wont have any problems. Go wider to 285/295 and you will likley have to get the arches rolled. On the fronts im not sure how wide you can go.. I think 245/255 is Ok, any wider and problems/modifications required again.

This is ours on 19's and we get no problems with rubbing, as for the handling we dont use ours on a track and as the speed limit is only 70mph in the uk i cant really see that it will make much difference to you. just my opinion though, others on here will no doubt tell you different. I must admit though we have gone more for the look of the supra as opposed to the performance of it at the moment.

hope this helps,

ours are 265/30/19's on the rear and 235/35/19's on the front not sure of the off setthough, demon tweeks sorted that out.

richie

Supra 003ab.jpg

Supra 004ab.jpg

going bigger from 17 upwards will affect the ride and handling in a detrimental way however, what size wheels did i have on my old car? 19s

What size wheels will i buy for my Aerotop? 19s :D They just look so bloody Good!

Although i keep to 235s on the front and 265s on the rear.