The mkiv Supra Owners Club

One less UK car...

The Restorer

Well, it's been a bad start to the day and I've only just got home after it, so still reeling from the shock.

In Colwyn tunnel, with three trucks in the first lane and a single one overtaking them in front of me. Suddenly got swiped by one of the trucks in the left lane. Hit the wall (well the corner bit by one of the emergency exits), the truck and then the wall again before coming to a stop. All 4 trucks drove off!

Somehow I don't think T-Cut will sort this one out. It's one solid car though... and I'm glad I didn't buy the X5 last year! Now to deal with the insurance company.

Photo album linked. One less UK car Supra on the road :(

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2001854&l=aef5e&id=1076117531

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The police did get onto the camera guys but apparently they weren't clear enough. Shame they weren't speed scamera's eh...

The police did say they were going to go and have a look themselves later and I remember there was a white van just behind me that didn't stop so fingers crossed he's rung in.

On the positive side but we are all chuffed that you are OK and in one piece. Those types of accidents have a habbit of turning horrific.

I find it difficult to believe that none of the truckers saw anything at all - but I trust the feckers!!

I hope the insurance gets you back on the road soo mate;)

I know your probably in shock but try and think about the accident. Do any of the trucks have any logos or distinguishing marks (perhaps a numberplate with a name in the window, LED's, stuffed animals on the front, anything like that ? )that you could trace to a company. The truck would have suffered some damage that couldn't be hidden.

I hope you get it sorted soon and im glad you are ok :),

That must go down as a hit and run. Absolute scum bags for not stopping, imagine you were badly hurt :(

so sorry to hear this! i cant believe the trucker drove off, that is disgusting

Thats truck drivers for you. One ran over my motorbike and drove off on a B road. the cops caught him and he claimed he thought he'd clipped the pavement....:rolleyes:

Sorry Moaeed!!:(

You were on one of the first ever pancake runs with us. Nice car and as you say I don't think even gas and air will bring that one back....:blink: Hope the cops get something on these tossers, there will be little of no damage to an artic I would imagine!

H.

That's awful. I can't believe no one stopped.

A bus swiped me in my Nova many years ago and he drove off. The bus company claimed it couldn't be one of theirs as their bus routes don't go that way. Luckily I'd got his reg, the police checked the bus and found marks. Turned out it was an engineer who'd taken it out for a test drive. They sorted out the repairs outside of insurance.

:(

nasty accident -you could have been badly hurt

probably lorry driver was eating his lunch or watching DVDs

pity you didnt get number but things happen so fast.

hope you get it all sorted -shame to see another great wrecked car wrecked but at least your OK.

rICH