The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Confused with spoiler

Daston

As the rear end of the car is comming together I thought I would start lining up the spoiler. However I seem to have hit a wall. I can't see anyway of getting it to fit with my rear wiper in place.

The bracket is in the right place for the spoiler to be central and cant go back anymore otherwise it will fall off the back. Looking at the pics on the Border website their demo car also has the rear wiper so I am starting to think I have got the wrong brackets.

Is the problem the wiper is obstructing where the bracket should go, or is the problem the wiper cannot make 1 sweep without hitting the bracket at some point?

It will fit but the wiper cannot make 1 sweep.

I could make another hole but unsure if the actual arm will hit or just the bracket. Will attach it to the wing and will have a play around.

Can you move the front mount hole back a bit, draw a line horozontally fromt he bolt hole back and see how far along it you can drill a hole sensibly (without being too close to the edge). If you can get it far enough back to clear the wiper, do it and cut/smooth off the bit thats left sticking out. Shouldnt change the geometry either.

Can you move the front mount hole back a bit, draw a line horozontally fromt he bolt hole back and see how far along it you can drill a hole sensibly (without being too close to the edge). If you can get it far enough back to clear the wiper, do it and cut/smooth off the bit thats left sticking out. Shouldnt change the geometry either.

that isnt a bad idea!

Is it definitely the right bracket for the Supra?

I am not sure. Sadly know seems to know what the supra one is supose to look like and the whole border website is in japanise so cant ask them any questions. I would prefer to send back these brackets and get the correct supra ones (if they actually do supra specific ones that is).

• 4 weeks later...

Well the bonnet is finished (had to paint the mesh with a fekin modeling brush!). Skirts will be going on in the evenings next week and then the spoiler. Plan to do a vid shoot of her once the intercooler is in and the fcd is wired up