The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Cats and the MOT

Guest Kazimodo

Guest Kazimodo

Hi, Roy here (Kaz's hubby) So I've got a couple of night shifts on overtime next month so I MIGHT get Kaz an exhaust for the Soop. Can we get rid of the Cat and still get it thro the MOT OK. Any other issues with fuelling or will the ECU look after that ?

TIA

Roy

If you take out the cats loud wont even begin to cover it in an NA:d It may pass without any. Depends on the condition of the car etc and how well you know your MOT tester;) Some pass, some fail IRC. Put the 2nd one back in before the test and you should be ok. Do a search, there are lots of threads on this:)

Guest Kazimodo

cheers guys,didnt quite understand the MIGHT :search:bit about getting a new zaust!!!

believe me he will after dissing me from buying another soop.

had a really loud zaust on the calibra,custom made in stainless steel 2 years ago from a local guy in maidstone for £500.

do you think it would be around the same price....willing to pay about a grand.any advice.

kazx

Personally, if I had an NA I would fit a tubular manifold (this replaces the stock cast manifolds and the first cat), an exhaust specifically designed for an NA and leave the second cat fitted. The NA specific exhausts have slightly narrower piping and extra silencing and are designed to optimise performance. You could fit a TT exhaust instead, but on an NA it will be ear-bleedingly loud.

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/8473/p1030161sa4.jpg http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/1831/p1030162uk1.jpg

Here is a list of exhausts made specifically for the NA Supra

Blitz Realize-TT

Blitz Realize-TTR

HKS Hi-Power

HKS Silent Hi-Power

Kakimoto N1

Kakimoto R

Fujitsubo Legalis R

If you would like prices for any of the above, just let me know.

To ensure an MOT emissions pass, I would also fit new oxygen sensors if they have not been replaced for a while.

Guest Kazimodo

hi nic

can you give us a few quotes on what sort of money we will need to get a zaust.

dont want it megga loud,something that sounds quite deep and throaghty.

kaz