The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Painting calipers

movistar

where do you get all the kit from

I would love to paint mine yellow or blue with the supra logo in red.

I've just got those decals from eBay and they look very good imo...mine are the standard look ones not chrome.

Looks like eBay for the paint then and take a chance?

Iam going to shot blast them first to get all the crud off them so i get a nice final finish...hopefully they should look like new then.

Thanks for the replies guys.

Is it better to take the calipers off to do this? I've never even changed the brake pads on a car lol. Is it an easy job?

I've painted calipers on other cars before but i've never taken them off. I'm thinking it might be better to do the job properly with the sup though.

Scott =op

I've just got those decals from eBay and they look very good imo...mine are the standard look ones not chrome.

Looks like eBay for the paint then and take a chance?

Iam going to shot blast them first to get all the crud off them so i get a nice final finish...hopefully they should look like new then.

Thanks for the replies guys.

Could you post the links of the kits that you have used? Atleast they are tried and tested.

Could you post the links of the kits that you have used? Atleast they are tried and tested.

They are the exact same as merckx put in his link from ebay...the guy posted them to me the next day :D, you will have to tell him what you want Jspec or UK and you can choose the colour too.

You get six in total 3x front and 3x back just incase of mistake's and you have to trim them yourself, looks easy enough though.

I will put them up when i have done them so you can see.

Is it better to take the calipers off to do this? I've never even changed the brake pads on a car lol. Is it an easy job?

I've painted calipers on other cars before but i've never taken them off. I'm thinking it might be better to do the job properly with the sup though.

Scott =op

:blink::blink: Not being funny if you dont know what your doing probably best to get someone (mechanic)to guide you through it....saying that its not really rocket science.

I don't KNOW what i am doing but i'm not daft when it comes to getting my hands dirty lol. A straightforward guide is usually enough to let me do the most complex of tasks.

I am an engineer afterall ;)

I'm just a very cautious person and i like to have things clear in my head before i attempt them :p

Scott =op