The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Crash this morning

SupraShaun

Hey people. Thought id share todays events with you. :( Dropped my girlfriend home this morning at about 7.50, as some of you know it was cold as hell. There is a dangerous bend leading down to her house- which i always creep round. On the way back doing my usual 5/10mph and this joker in a Sierra Estate come flying round the corner (Way to fast for that corner, let alone in the ice!) saw me, slid straight into the side of me.:( Damage is quite bad, have a mechanic and bodywork bloke coming round later to look at it. The bonnet, bummper, door and sideskirt will definetly need replacing. The thing that worries me is that the weel is facing slightly upwards (bottom out more than the top), and whether there is serious damage to where the door hinges are attached.

If/ when i get this fixed im definetly going to be looking for a second car, and just use the Supra at weekend etc (which i know many of you do). Be carefull in this weather people- i know you all are, careful as we are we just cannot avoid the other maniacs on the road!!

By the way the bloke in one of the photos is not me, thats the other driver!! Photos arnt to hot as i was annoyed, cold and my phones crap!!

Shaun

http://www.sh-designs.biz/crash/1.jpg

http://www.sh-designs.biz/crash/2.jpg

http://www.sh-designs.biz/crash/3.jpg

http://www.sh-designs.biz/crash/4.jpg

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did he admit liability? Got any witnesses?

He didnt admit liabiliity as such. When the crash happened it was just me and him. As soon as it happened i rang my girlfriend- as i was about 20meters from her house, who that came straight to the seen. As soon as i got out of the car i took photos, my girlfriend also. He didnt really do anything, just moped abount.

Shaun

Gutted for you mate :( I don't think i would of been as calm/reasonable as you!.... The damage looks quite bad & may of bent the chassis :( Have you looked under the bonnet to see if the frame's bent?...

Under the bonnet mate everything is as should be. What should i be looking out for? - bent stuff obviously :) What would cause the wheel to sit how it is?

truly gutted for you, luckily mine was nowhere near that amount of damage....:( worse still someone else caused that to you...

photos with him sidewards into your car surely prove him in the wrong.;)

Hope it gets sorted quickly for you with as little hassle as possible, and hope the injury's not too bad..

This is not a good sign of things out there:(

Look at his wheels, hes obviously started to lose it and countersteered then smacked into you. Did the police come & look at everything? Those photos are enough to prove things, plus he wont be dumb enough to contest it (well maybe).

It is a bit worrying how all the bodywork is crumpled level with the wheel, looks like that wheel took the force of the impact.