The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Newbie Getting his supra back on the road...!

Si.Supra

Hi Guys,

New to the club and needing help already lol. Will be hopefully getting my supra back on the road, after a long whole year of it being off the road. Now I've managed to save some pennys ;) and need some advice on (here we go):

The brakes have seized on not too worried as their crappy jspec one anyway should i upgrade to UK or AP or a combo any recommendations please.

New Exhaust pipe full pipe. On this I used to have it with a de-cat for better performance, but obviously the cat has to go on for the m.o.t. Now sorry to sound lazy here but i really cant be arsed takin it on and off each year round (chore). So my question Sport/race catalyst can you get one for the supra and I has Hks Dragger exhaust on loved the noise anyone know if their is similar but better or should i stick with the dragger (not a big fan of blitz).

Lastly for now anyway lol, I've heard of a mechanic by the name of Mr Chris Wilson is here near Manchester and does anyone have his number.

Thanks guys and hope to meet you all soon.

Chris is in Shropshire 07971-952084 [email protected]

Stick with the dragger, its fine. If you want to go further then consider a lightweight Titanium exhaust but expect to pay £££.

There is a sport cat available for the supra, I think Nic had a link to them. Demon Tweeks sell universal high flow cats. A pair of their highest flowing ones may be needed fitted in parallel?

UK braks are excelent, just ensure you fit the fronts and rears to maintain brake balance. They are only a small amount less braking power than some of the big brake kits.

Great Help their mate, Just got my insurance quote and its all looking good :eyebrows:. You know a source for the Uk brakes or is best just to keep eyes peeled in parts for sale forum.I cant wait to get my baby rollin again its been to long. Emailed chris waiting for reply. Anyone got any ideas on how to get a Supz that cant move to chris??? lol or am I gonna have to get my hands dirtylol.

Cheers for the quick reply.

So my question Sport/race catalyst can you get one for the supra and I has Hks Dragger exhaust on loved the noise anyone know if their is similar but better or should i stick with the dragger (not a big fan of blitz).

Lots of different exhaust brands and models available for the Supra, depends what you are wanting. My personal favourite, which I use on my own car, is the GReddy Ti-R, which is 100% titanium and a fraction of the weight of a stainless steel exhaust.

Wed Sports do a high flow catalyzer to fit the Supra.

http://www.weds.co.jp/products/gt/revcatalyzer.html

Nice one Nic will have a set of you just waiting for cheques to clear will pm you on that, need discs aswell as the ones on are shot with rust can you supply them aswell.

One more thing will i need to get any type of spacer to fit after market wheels back on cheers guys massive help already.

lol sorry man dont wanna get anyone in any trouble blame it on the newb lol.

Would you have suggestions where I should start with a car thats been off the road for a long time lol. Is it best just to give it to a professional and cry about the bill later lol.

The best thing you can do is pay Chris a visit, he'll be able to give the car a thorough going over for you. Drop him an email (he prefers emails) or give him a call.