The mkiv Supra Owners Club

newbie from devon

Robzki

Hi all

Picked up my '95 tt auto import on sunday. Have been yearning for one since drivin one 8rs or so ago. I've always had celicas(still have, 'I think I missed out on the 'selling' gene when they were bein dished out, got plenty of the buying ones tho'). still have my first 'real car' a '76 2000gt liftback, along with a '77 2000gt liftback and a '77 2000st liftback. oh and theres the '86 st162, not forgetting the '90 st182 lol.

I gotta say that the supra is the only car since my '76 gt that truly makes me smile. I'm hating bein at work at the 'mo (not that thats unusual) as I just want to be home so I can look at it. tbh I don't even need to drive it to get me grinning like a cheshire thing. :D Are these feelings 'wrong' if so is there any help available? ;)

I think it was a good price. paid 3600 its done 81k absolutely original apart from the wheels. silver sounds absolutely sweet. drives superb etc. there are a few easily fixed scratches to the paint. but can only see them when looking for them. it has new uk headlights, rear shocks, brake lines new discs and pads etc etc.

I'm in devon, but only just, many a happy summers evening is spent throwing stones at the pasty eaters over the border :p

am looking at just cleaning her up(a lot), and keeping a very stock look. turbo timer is on the shopping list first(any suggestions?) then a dump valve(any suggestions?) I know this isn't needed. but the one I drove yrs ago had one and I loved the sound of a bov on a vehicle it suited, if you know what I mean. then attempting an active spoiler fit( is this possible on a jdm?) I have searched the forum but didn't really get a definitive answer

Take care

Rob

Welcome to the club!

Sounds like a bargain for a TT if it's as good as you say!

A BOV may be a bit pointless on an auto as it'll change gear too quick to really get the full effect I would have thought. Unless you like driving round town constantly taking your foot off the throttle when on boost ;)

Good choice on keeping the stock look IMO too - and the active spoiler should be a simple addition to make to it as far as I'm aware.

Edit to ask: Pics? :D

Welcome to the club :) Sounds like you have picked up a real bargain there, lets hope it's all in one piece :D

I wouldn't bother with a turbo timer, it's best to just let it run down during the last couple of miles, will save yourself some money :)

The BOV is a bit pointless IMO, and can be very annoying after a while. Have you had one on a car before? They are fine to add to the jdm models as they're MAP based.

Are you likely to want power increases over the coming months/years?

power increase?...you mean they can be faster?!?! lol. tbh money is tight so any performance mods may have to wait till needed, exhaust etc.

Hadn't thought about running down for a couple of miles tbh. is this enuff. I always let it sit for 30secs anyway.

nice to meet you all

I'll pay my membership soon :innocent:

Rob

power increase?...you mean they can be faster?!?! lol. tbh money is tight so any performance mods may have to wait till needed, exhaust etc.

Hadn't thought about running down for a couple of miles tbh. is this enuff. I always let it sit for 30secs anyway.

nice to meet you all

I'll pay my membership soon :innocent:

Rob

If you leave her off-boost for the last couple of miles you should be able to just park up and turn her off. If I've had a more spirited drive I usually let her sit and idle for a bit as well. Even if I had a turbo timer, I'd probably sit in the car til it was done, so I decided not to bother in the end :)

As Dwayne says, if your pocket's deep enough, it'll go as fast as you want :eyebrows: I came from a 1.4 corsa to my TT, so I'm happy with stock performance for now :D

As Dwayne says, if your pocket's deep enough, it'll go as fast as you want :eyebrows: I came from a 1.4 corsa to my TT, so I'm happy with stock performance for now :D

Much the same tbh, I've been driving my 200k discovery for the last few mnths and the performance is a pleasant shock to the system, pretty sure I'm not gonna get bored with it any time soon :)

was a little concerning sending the better half off to work in it the last coupla days. v icy. said goodbye to it both days cos wasn't expecting to see it back in one piece :/ but shes a v good driver, just has a heavy right foot. she loves the auto tho. she has buggered knees from a moron hittin her headon overtakin. wasn't the best few yrs weve had.

Rob

hahaha, I have it imprinted on my brain. hoping to forget it soon.........it is....a......little tempting tho :D

It's the bang for your buck of BPU that makes it so hard to resist! I simply don't budget for performance mods and spend it on beer instead otherwise I'd have caved by now I think :sly: