The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Thinking of getting a new exhaust

Multics

... for my NA. I've been reading a few threads on exhausts and NA's and some people say that NA's need some backpressure so it's better to go for a catback system with an extra muffler before the backbox and thiner piping. Is that correct?

I've been looking at this HKS 409 one on fleabay, is it any good?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=290189697700&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=019

Cheers :)

I dont think the Hi Power 409 is a stainless steel, so it would be more affected by rust etc.. So would not last as long as a slightly more expensive stainless.

As for the back pressure theorem there are a few different views, some people believe that less exhaust restriction will release the pony's, and others believe that the lack on back pressure could cause reversing of the flow of gases through the engine.

I dont think the Hi Power 409 is a stainless steel, so it would be more affected by rust etc.. So would not last as long as a slightly more expensive stainless.

As for the back pressure theorem there are a few different views, some people believe that less exhaust restriction will release the pony's, and others believe that the lack on back pressure could cause reversing of the flow of gases through the engine.

was thinkin of that one myself, states in the description that it is full stainless steel system!

:yeahthat:

I replaced my Nur Spec R for an HKS Silent Hi Power just last month and have to say I'm over the moon with it. :)

Still get a great noise when it counts on throttle, but the idle and low revs are nice and quiet. Also, no low droning noise when on the motorway.

Go for the HKS Silent if you can - you'll not regret it.