The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Impreza vs Supra TT auto

AgtX80

My mate recons he would beat me in a drag race with his 02 Impreza STi 280bhp if i bought a 13 year old standard supra tt auto, if he beat me id never hear the end of it. I think it would be an easy win but the more he goes on about it im not so sure. What do you think?

Depends the starting speed and end speed really ;)

0-60, the STI is very quick indeed, if it's a rolling start from say 30-40mph you'll have no problems.

TT's are not the quickest off the mark, but are very rapid once they've got past 1st gear.

I have some data logs of my 6spd BPU TT vs my mates STI8 PPP, his is quicker through 1st gear as you would expect, but the Supra was considerably quicker once it was going.

Though the Supra has a similar 0-60 it's the actual road covered that counts, and a 4wd Impreza will leave a Supra for dead for the first 300 feet.

I had a quick 'test' against my brothers M3, there is no doubt I got to sixty first, but he was still ahead on the road.

Ask your mate for a 'best of ten'. Should even things up a bit.

WRX is the normal one, STi is the high spec one with better everything on it. Better handling & more performance.

I mainly enjoy brute straight line acceleration, im easy on my brakes & tyres, anticipating when im going to have to stop or slow, letting slip roads slow me etc.

280 @ the fly in a 4wd car is around 210 ATW. Well, thats what i was told in the lancer register anyway. I had an Evo V with around 300bhp and my MR2 would have slaughtered it everywhere cept the twisties. Supra aint as quick off the mark but, as said, once going not a lot of cars come close.

I took a tuned Evo VII from a rolling start of about 40. Made him look like he was going backwards. He was around 4 cars in front and i passed him before i was over 100. Allegedly had over 350bhp but i doubt that, it was too easy.

Scot =op

WRX standard is 230bhp, Not sure where they made the 50bhp when modding it to 280bhp. I drove his & it does have a lag problem shifting between 2nd & 3rd gear. I think id have a good chance, especially from a rolling start. + my gear shifts would be spot on being in an auto lol.

he would spank you im sorry to say but get to the higher speeds and you will kill him

I just couldnt see this happening surely, really ? Its a WRX, ok its got a bit more poke on it then standard, but if he has to worry about a WRX then most of us should be worried about STis and M3's surely, and I can leave an M3 by quite few a car lengths once I hit both turbo's in 4th.

Rolling start I still reckon you will take it, above 80 easily......try and get a decatted Supra, boost is upped from .8bar to around 1.2 then giving you a healthy helping of a kick up the arse.....;)

I would even put money on you taking the win......;)