The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My beauty may be going to Sweden :-(

Jamesy

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw it on Ebay. Its well worth the money and just think, when your minted from your business ventue you can buy a whole fleet of supras!

thanx mate just wish to HELL that i didnt have to sell up - i've never sold to people abroad before - always considered it dodgy, am i right in thinking that Supras do get buyers from outside the UK quite a bit?

thanx mate just wish to HELL that i didnt have to sell up - i've never sold to people abroad before - always considered it dodgy, am i right in thinking that Supras to get buyers from outside the UK quite a bit?

Either way you must be careful mate. If a person in the UK cons you the country is only a small (ish) place... abroad is a different playing field legally and physically.

I get the impression a lot of the nice Supras go abroad (although I would love to know why).

Supras are rarer than hens teeth in europe. You can go to any huge car show and be lucky to even see one on a traders stand never mind hundreds in the carpark outside. In my 18 months in Holland I only saw a total of 5 mk4 supras and 3 of those were at arnouts place. Compare that to the 8-10 I saw a day in Bournemouth/Poole and you'll get the jist. In europe a jdm supra will easily sell for about twice as much as in the UK. Rememer the arse has fallen out of our market but not so in Europe its actually getting stronger. In Holland for example crap assed cars with zillions of miles and no service history still fetch stupid money. Alot of its down to the tax. In Norway for instance a 12 year old mondeo still costs more than a brand new one in the UK. In the scandinavian block they tax cars on their power output and alterations from stock have to be TUV approved. If a car from a recognised state comes in it is accepted as being "standard". Hence why they are buying up seriously tuned cars. They can't buy them direct from Japan as thats not recognised. Expect to see our cars go that direction more and more.

thanx for the info - does make sense now.

also got a guy from Ireland who wants it, but i think the Swedish guy is going to take it - just need to confirm that i can get the tracking done for him before he comes on mon/tues.

i soooo hope i'm doing the right thing now. :taped:

James, can I ask how much your selling it for abroad, considering they are now coming to the UK to pick up a decent motor we should be keeping the sale value high, at least then it keeps our market going somewhere as trying to sell one here, money just seems to drop off them.....

James, can I ask how much your selling it for abroad, considering they are now coming to the UK to pick up a decent motor we should be keeping the sale value high, at least then it keeps our market going somewhere as trying to sell one here, money just seems to drop off them.....

£10k mate. Have been offered £9,500 from 2 seperate people, and although that is a good price at the moment, i wouldn't sell it for that.

Its going to be hard enough to sell it anyway so i am happy to hold out for what i think its worth to be honest ;)

Not that this was brought up..

Im from sweden, and Im going to buy a car from England this spring/summer.

Is there no way that anyone would take a banktransfer (at the bank, "live") or some international bankcheck..?

I don't really feel like travelling around with 8000-9000 in the pocket..

Any advise?