The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Replacement remote for locking

Schtuv

My SZ appears to have the optional remote central locking installed, judging by the mysterious black box of gubbins under the drivers seat. I don't have any buttons on my keys, though - they're just standard metal cut-out-and-keep replacements.

Is it possible to get a replacement remote to work with the original system, or do I have to splash out £20 on ebay for a new remote locking kit?

Not exactly a vital part of a Supra, but something I'd quite like working ... :)

According to my forays through the search function on here the box velcro'd under the driver seat with the aeriel-connector-of-mystery is for the remote locking, and the attached aeriel lead heads up behind the plastic alongside the windscreen ... I'm happy to be proved wrong, though :)

I've seen instructions for Toyota remote programming (http://www.geocities.com/toyota_speed2003/EL004-01a.jpg), but I'm not sure if it'll work on a Supra.

Nobody knows what the black box under the seat is for. It is never spoken of in public, and barely whispered in the back rooms of gentlemans' clubs. Some say it holds the key to all eternity, and that one day, a man will come, and he will know of the black box and he will unite all the owners from this club and the other, he will be The Chosen One. Others say he is already here amongst us and that he is Matt Harwood, yet others say that Matt Harwood knows nothing and is a hardened sex criminal and not to be trusted, especially if there are children at a barbeque.

Whatever the truth may be, men will fear the black box and many will die before it's secret is told.

Fair enough - rather than risk the defilement of barbecued children, I'll bite the bullet and cough up the five simolians into the bay of 'e' to test my theories...

... I'll post more once I 'can be bovvered' (as the kids of today say), and I've sorted the ensuing inevitable paypal dispute out.

Rob, those posts really cracked me up, and that doesn't happen easily!! :D (although the bit about kiddies might have been a little strong :) )

Oh, it 's a loooong standing joke, from waaaaay back when everyone was saying what a wonderful bloke Matt was, so I started posting that he imprisoned and tortured children behind his "nice bloke" facade.

It's not true of course. It is, it is true, he's evil

Oh, it 's a loooong standing joke, from waaaaay back when everyone was saying what a wonderful bloke Matt was, so I started posting that he imprisoned and tortured children behind his "nice bloke" facade.

It's not true of course. It is, it is true, he's evil

Ah, that's fine. As you were! :D