The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Just crashed

razza

I can't f'ing belive it, just came out my road, headed up the road, accelerated not too hard (as was aware it was cold), and back end shot out at about 35/40mph, tried to correct, ended up spinning across other side of the road, 360, smacked into the curb, ended up facing the wrong way on the grass pavement the other side of the road.:(

Thank god there was no-one coming the other way and no pedestrians, can't even begin to imagine what carnage would have been:scare:

The guy behind me stopped and gave me his details, he was well shocked as well, as he didn't think I'd gone off that quick at all, and was surprised to see me fly off the road.

Still a little shaken....:scared:

Waiting for Sky to open. It looks like it's the back nearside wheel gone (although buckled, strangely still inflated so managed to limp back home), and the side skirt I just had repaired after some idiot drove into me:taped: Suspension looks ok though at the moment, but not an expert so can't tell, but it's not at a funny angle or dropped down.

Absolutely gutted, after just getting it back it looks like it's going to be off the road again.:cry:

And they don't make Racing Hart CR's anymore, going to have to get a new wheel choice:(

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Unbelievably last night on my way to work the back end stepped out as i was breaking and dropping down gears. I was doing about 30 and coming to a junction to go onto the motorway. I started to brake very early and very gently. As i was doing so i started to come down the gears. As i went from third to 2nd and lifted the clutch the back end locked up and stepped out a little as the road was turning left. Only did it for a split second.

I blame the new stuff the gritters are using. Imagine engine breaking allowing the car to lose traction!

Scott =op

I know how easy it is, I spun mine coming out of a junction the other day, luckily it was about half five in the morning and nobody was about but they had literally just gritted about a minute earlier and seemed to have put an unusually large amount down, but thats probably what you drove over, grit is lethal.

I can't f'ing belive it, just came out my road, headed up the road, accelerated not too hard (as was aware it was cold), and back end shot out at about 35/40mph, tried to correct, ended up spinning across other side of the road, 360, smacked into the curb, ended up facing the wrong way on the grass pavement the other side of the road.:(

arrrgghhh dude what a NIGHTMARE - hope its an easy (and cheap) fix!!

good excuse to splash out on a whole new set of rims though ;)

arrrgghhh dude what a NIGHTMARE - hope its an easy (and cheap) fix!!

good excuse to splash out on a whole new set of rims though ;)

bloody excess though that I could do without having to fork out after everything that's happened lately, seriously thinking about getting this latest issue sorted then selling up, can't take much more of this....

Guest Gaz Shaw

I know but what ya gonna get next?

Cos things can happen in any car i know its rear drive but thats a big point about supras.

You will feel down i used to have a Landy def90 n everytime i went off road it would break so i didnt go off road for ages and still broke! i wanted to sell it everytime but when i got it done i wanted to keep it! And ill put money on you will too!;)

I've damaged a wheel on a kerb before, almost identical kind of damage like yours. I had it fixed without a problem, took about a week or so, but came back as good as new.

Only think is it will be a refurb job after the fix, and with the chrome lip it means that I'd have to get all done otherwise it would look a bit w@nk and as I use used to use it as a daily driver the attention it would need over the winter to keep them nice, wouldn't happen with the best intentions and would end up ruining them.

Where did you get yours repaired?