The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi guys - newbie

Guest jimk2

Hi guys,

Just joined the site, seams there is plenty of knowledge and info on here.

Always been a fan of Japenese cars. Currently drive a french GTI which I am getting tired of. Time for a change, and I'm getting a bit older now so insurance is becoming a bit more reasnoble.

Thought I would get on her and try and gain some knowledge before I go take the plunge.

This may shock people but I have just recieved a quote from Flux for £814. This was for a fully comp TT doing 10k miles a year. I'm currently 22! I thought that was pretty awesome as I was going to only consider getting an NA!

I'll try and get involved in the near future.

Jim

There isn't really much difference in insurance for N/A and TT's. The only thing to be VERY careful about is that they haven't quoted you for a MKIII. I've read on here about a few people thinking they are getting a bargain then it turns out the quote is for a MKIII.

Welcome to the board :D

Scott =op

Ok cheers ill double check that. Think I may give them a ring as they quoted me higher on the phone the other day.

I went to have a look at a red Aero Top at the weekend. Seamed to be loosing oil on the left of engine at the top. The fan was a little noisey too. it had a stock exhaust but I was surprised at the noise it made. Very nice.

I was on my CBR and took a stone to the radiator on the way home. RAC van had to recover me. Gutted!

But it confirmed that I have to have one of these!

TBH i would recommend that you buy from someone on this forum. The cars are very well looked after, most of the time, and most of the people on here are true enthusiasts who look after their cars.

There have been a few nice examples for good prices floating around recently.

Scott =op

I'm from around Witney but looking at gettin a new place soon so may be moving some- eher but not far away.

The check list of checks it preety comprehensive. I've been looking through the classifieds. Can't find it now but it was a black TT with 19's for 5995. It's on piston heads too. That lookds ideal. I will probably buy off here like you say.

Cheers for the welcome people.

I'm from around Witney but looking at gettin a new place soon so may be moving some- eher but not far away.

I live in witney.What gti are you driving?

Hi mate. Got a 306 gti-6 at the moment. It's Blaze yellow (gold) with black alloys on it. I assume from your pic you have a silver Supra. I have probably seen you driving it. I have seen a black one a few times. He seams to work around the Sainsburys area.

Where abouts are you? Where do you work? There is a guy with a silver one at work.

Jim

Hi mate. Got a 306 gti-6 at the moment. It's Blaze yellow (gold) with black alloys on it. I assume from your pic you have a silver Supra. I have probably seen you driving it. I have seen a black one a few times. He seams to work around the Sainsburys area.

Where abouts are you? Where do you work? There is a guy with a silver one at work.

Jim

The guy with the black one owns wilson commercial lettings.Mine is away having some work done at the moment.Where do you work?

Work at Brize. There is a silver one with polished/chrome alloys on it. Ill look out for you.

Got a quick question after lookin at some guides. The Kph/Mph convertions. I gather that most of the jap spec ones get converted to MPh on the speedo but it's optional what you make the odo read. Do most ODO's still read in Kilometers or do most cobert to Miles. If I go to look at one and it's got say 100k on the clock. Really you need some kind of proof of when it was swapped to miles to see how many it's actually done?