The mkiv Supra Owners Club

supra question.

AgtX80

Hi, i just read in the supra guide that the RZ was made all the way up to 2002 & only available in manual form. Where are these beauties? why arent they being imported?

Do all autos have the manual shift option?

Cheers.

they have to be 10 years old to import them, and yes all auto,s have the manual mode:)

They don't have a model report for facelift/VVTi cars so the only ones here are those imported before the rule came into force. However, even in Japan, very late model RZ manuals are rare. It means the 10 year rule applies; i.e. any car older than 10 years doesn't need a report, newer ones do.

The supra i looked at had the switch for the auto spoiler but i couldnt see one at the front?

As above the front spoiler should descend with the engine stopped, and the key at ignition. or when the car gets above 60 mph (ish)

Whats the diff control switch do thats next to it?

Allows you to turn off the traction control.

I test drove it but didnt notice any manual shift, how do i put it in that mode?

There is a manu (

Mike

Is the auto spoiler obvious when you look around the front bumper cause i got right down and couldnt see anything resembling a spoiler.

Can anyone tell me what the 0-60 times when new of the manual and auto versions?

How much BHP will these cars have lost in 13 years?

With only 4 gears is the auto version real bad on petrol compared with the manual?

Is the auto spoiler obvious when you look around the front bumper cause i got right down and couldnt see anything resembling a spoiler.

Can anyone tell me what the 0-60 times when new of the manual and auto versions?

With only 4 gears is the auto version real bad on petrol compared with the manual?

Does it have the stock front bumper and buttons on the dash below the stereo for the auto spoiler? If it has, then the spoiler should be tucked up behind the bumper. You can test it by turning ignition key to first position (do not start) and pressing the auto spoiler down button.

0-60mph is around 4.9 - 5.1 secs.

Stock BHP should be around 320hp (flywheel), it shouldn't have lost much if any if looked after well and serviced regularly.

No

http://mkiv.supras.org.nz/specs.htm

Everything needed.

Good run = 27 mpg goes down a bit round town and constantly in out of boost. :)

The car ive looked at is totally standard, original wheels (scratched + chipped), original bodykit, exhaust original, engine is standard. 95 TT auto 52000 miles. £8500 but im going to offer £8000 + cam belt change, service, cat1 alarm + either refurbing of alloys or cash off the price.

It has the switch for the auto spoiler but when i went looking for it, didnt see anything. Will check it out if he accepts my offer. If its not working or removed, hes getting less for his car!.

Boot dampers didnt work & the rubbers that the boot lid sits on were worn & made it clonk a bit when i drove it, thats all i found wrong with it. Small faint dent on the sil.

How does the engine only have 4 gears and still remain as economic as the manual?.

Is there any way to kick the car down a gear for overtaking & blasting past a lane hog when they FINALLY move over? My test drive was my first time in an auto.

The car ive looked at is totally standard, original wheels (scratched + chipped), original bodykit, exhaust original, engine is standard. 95 TT auto 52000 miles.

It has the switch for the auto spoiler but when i went looking for it, didnt see anything. Will check it out if he accepts my offer. If its not working or removed, hes getting less for his car!.

Boot dampers didnt work & the rubbers that the boot lid sits on were worn & made it clonk a bit when i drove it, thats all i found wrong with it. Small faint dent on the sil.

How does the engine only have 4 gears and still remain as economic as the manual?.

Is there any way to kick the car down a gear for overtaking & blasting past a lane hog when they FINALLY move over? My test drive was my first time in an auto.

Only way to get the spoiler down is to switch to ignition and push the switch. You'll hear the motor.

Kick down is via a switch under the throttle, so just plant yer foot.

Boot dampers can be refurbed, sometimes ebay and from Nic above.

Boot rubbers too have been a known problem. A right sod to remove sometimes too. There are a couple of threads for the above via the search button.

Other than that if the car is guaranteed mileage and serviced it sounds good at those miles.:)

I will buy it on condition he repairs those things. He said hed fix replace the rubbers as it was making a racket as we left the car lot.

Heres the link to see the car anyways.

http://users.autoexposure.co.uk/classicdd.cfm?Account=AETA34341&VehicleID=AETV84074641&Image=http://users.autoexposure.co.uk/is/autoedit/AETA34341/AETV84074641_1a.jpg

Im not keen on the walnut finish on the dash but im guessing its not hard to replace or spray up

Also TT is around £150 a year less to insure than the N/A version. Strange!