The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The annoying brakes!

ShamelessTT

Ok ive had my UK Spec brakes for 8 months now (front and rear), they were brand new (inc discs the works) when i bought them 8months ago (Geniune toyota parts).

Anyway there pi**ing me right off now, as they sometimes sqeek , squeal at low speed , craweling along to a stop. Its a really really loud noise, im absolutely sure everything is fitted right with anti rattle shims / anti squeal etc (CW fitted), but ive read somewhere theres a known issues with UK Spec brakes doing this.......

Could they just need a serious clean?

Anyone got a solution, cos it really sounds lame.......

Si

That COULD be the problem, the brake discs could be going rusty and start to squeal. They do it on my mums evo and were 99% sure it's due to the fact it's not used regularly. I suppose the best way to check would be to go out for a decent drive and see if it stops doing it after a while. i.e. once the discs are cleaned of rust.