The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Volk SF Challenge

AdzC

I have the chance to buy a set of 18" Volk Racing SF Challenge at a very cheap price.

But...... and there's always a but with something like this. The vendor has told me that the chrome has come off the wheels and will need a really good refurb. Also apparently one of the spokes has a crack all the way through it. She thinks it has been done maliciously with a chisel or similar.

I would like to know if the damage could be repaired although I am a little dubious about having the repair done even if possible.

Have any of you heard of a repair like this being done and the integrity of the wheel after it?

*Mods apologies if this is in the wrong place. Please move if so*

volk dont chrome the wheels, there just highly polished stainless so you will be fine to get them refurbed, i had a set on my R33 GTR and they were terrible, looked like the previous guy had gone round each one with a hammer and chisel but they came up like new ;)

Mike

Thanks for all the comments. I am dubious about the wheel which has a broken spoke.

I'd walk away. Its highly doubtful you can fix a wheel that has been damaged like that.

Gaz.

Gaz,

If you can still get them can you pm me a price on an individual wheel? Don't know if its front or back so if you can price for both for me to see if it's econimcally effective to consider this option if the others are really cheap.

How much is "a very cheap price" as i need some center caps for my Challenges :)- well one

Not sure. She didn't give a price just that she didn't want anywhere near a high price for them. Good job really judging by the description of them.