The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Manual Aero Top

Guest smith.s2k

Guest smith.s2k

Hi there im new to this website, I currently own a 99 Honda S2000 and im looking into buying a Supra. Now im after a Twin-Turbo 6 speed manual(RZ) hopefully a 99+ model. What sort of prices should I be looking at?

Also a quick question about Aerotop Supras. I understand they didnt release a Manual version(only in the US) but what would be the cheapest way to get a Manual Aero? Covert the transmission over? or would changing the body shells be easier? I saw a Black one for sale in Malvern months ago but was quickly snapped up on ebay god dam it.

Anyway cheers guys

£3.5k? who is ripping you off?

Jezz does it for £3k and it would only cost maybe £2.5k for a DIY conversion.

My bad - nobody is ripping me off (yet) - I seem to remember Jezz saying it was about 3.5k for the lot, but then I think Rob is right - that may have included a new clutch too. :)

I don't think you'll find a 99+ aerotop. I think they stopped making aerotops in 97 (not 100% sure)

Hadn't realised that. What a shame - the whole UK market dissapearing and things like this all read as a general underlying sentiment of Supras weren't widely recognised and/or highly regarded. :(

• 2 weeks later...
I think that's about £3k as well, but there are a few things on an NA that aren't as good as a TT - the gearbox for example (unless they made any SZ-R aerotops??)

On this note then, what else is there that would need changing in order to convert an SZ-Aero to equvalent of RZ/GZ-Aero?

Engine

Gearbox

Brakes

Abs