The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Keeping cool

Jazzy

I intend on doing the odd track day, drag run during the year and was wondering if an oil cooler is a necessity (not just a nice to have). Now I realise anything that's there to protect your engine is a very good idea, and It's on a list of things I'd like to get done, I'm just wondering in the mean time can i 'get away' with it - assuming I was to do say a few spirited laps and then a cool down etc?

Also whilst on the subject of cooling, what about an alloy rad? Now I know Ryan did a good job of keeping the ducting to the rad even with the FMIC, so should I only think about upgrading the rad should it need replacing?

If there's anything else you think I should consider please let me know :)

Would definatly say get an oil cooler for it James if tracking it.

Be easy to fit with the doluck bumper as just need to remove the nearside headlight and fit underneith in that bumper pod :) No need to remove the whole bumper then as TRUST me its a pain!! to get back on.

I agree fit a least an oil temp gauge, ideally an oil cooler. I personally use the HKS R Type kit, this includes filter replacement kit and everything else needed to install on a Supra.

http://www.hks-power.co.jp/products/cooling/oilcooler/img/r_image_01.jpg