The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rear spoiler fitment

Homer

Guest craig-mkiv

it does look like the 3rd hole's has been filled :blink:

as when i took my spoiler off to fit my trd spoiler there was 3 fixing's 3rd been yellow plastic plug's which was in a square hole that those lug's on the spoiler slot into ;)

Guest craig-mkiv
Thanks for confirming mate :)

if you can take out or cut off that middle lug , the 2 bolt's will hold it in place , but you can still use some tiger seal around the edge's to be safe ;)

If it held on okay when Dude had it, I think it confirms the two screws are strong enough :D

Good point re the tiger seal - should the spoiler be sealed down at all? It doesn't look like it has been in the past. Maybe just a bit of seal around the two screw holes?

If it held on okay when Dude had it, I think it confirms the two screws are strong enough :D

Good point re the tiger seal - should the spoiler be sealed down at all? It doesn't look like it has been in the past. Maybe just a bit of seal around the two screw holes?

Nah, I've taken mine off for drag before and there hasn't been any sealant residue.

Guest craig-mkiv

Good point re the tiger seal - should the spoiler be sealed down at all?

depend's if your fixing's screw's have enough grip on the spoiler's thread's :idea:

• 2 weeks later...

This might help mate, part numbers for the seals from Toyota :)

76873 Protector, Rear Spoiler RH

76874 Protector, Rear Spoiler LH

The hole hasnt been filled in bud, the boot lid wont have had a spoiler in the first place.. I see it all the time... People remove the centre fixing (locator) from the spoiler and just drill the holes for the bolts...

Its much easier than trying to file out the locator hole..