The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Polished TB Pics Plus Problem Q

Fargo

Hi All, well finally got round to finishing polishing up a spare TB, i had oringinaly swopped a supra polished TB that had the TRC removeed and filled with this one complete with teh TRC.

Then as it was still quiet grubby, stripped it and repolished including screws and even the arms that the cable attaches to.

However, having fitted it i know get the O/D light flashing aswell as the TRC light flashing, i assume this is to do with the TRC.

throttle1.jpg

throttle2.jpg

throttle3.jpg

well as i said, it was already polished when i got it, but was really dull and grubby, so i stropped it completely, ie removed the motors, sensors, buttefly assembly etc, then repolished.

The main assembly where the throttle cable attaches to was not polished at all so that was a new bit i did.

The equipment ie the polishing mops and compounds i got from Colsoop, along with some good advice, tis a 3 stage drama.

Still havent managed to get in the very tight nook and crannies but im working on this. certainly its something Colin has got spot on and understandably is tight lipped on this (so would i if it was a source of income to be fair), but he has helped me thus far.