The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra is now fully mapped

jevansio

Well the car is finally running to it's true potential, in summary it got over 600 bhp:

http://www.imotors.co.uk/temp/jay/SupraDyno/16-02-2008 630 @ 1.4 BAR Small.jpg

In detail, met Ryan this morning, it was bright & dry so we got straight into getting some road mapping done. We spent about an hour on the road with Ryan doing his stuff, the car felt great, was even able to light up 295 R888's in 2nd gear.

Ryan wasn't completly happy with the boost control & suggested we do what he had done on Wez car & use an AEM solenoid & get the ECU to control boost closed loop. The results speak for themselves, it could pretty much hold any boost we wanted exactly (I mean if you looked at the boot curve it was straight as an arrow, never dropped off top end or anything). Ryan said now it should pull 1.4 BAR no matter what the conditions are.

We got down to Motoscope, I was first on, quite a few of my MR2 buddies turned up to view the proceedings. Everything went exactly to plan :D. We had to dyno the car in 5th which meant the dyno could only go to 6500 rpm before we maxed out it's speed. Going to Andy H's dyno day next Saturday so should hopefully get a full 7200 rpm pull there :)

After I had to shoot upto Revolution at Newcastle to get my arches rolled. Big thanks to the guys there for staying late & doing the job for me (esp on a Saturday). I can now go on the Pistonheads run out tomorrow without fear of shredding my new tyres.

Big thanks to everyone today, Richard of MS, Michel, Ryan & all the MR2 guys, big thanks to Richard for the free Motoscope coat too :D

I'm sure there was something else I had to say but can't remember at the mo, no doubt Ryan will remember.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats mate. How were the losses calculated?]

Edit: i have the same prob with the front snaking, would love to know the answer

Cheers Jon, it's never been a problem for me before, probably because the F1's would just spin, but the 888's obviously grip like mad. Maybe CW can answer this, he'll probably tell me to ditch the 19's :D

It points out that you have over 600 BHP I think Jay :D

Lol, makes sense Dean :D

Nice result :thumbs:

The AEM boost control is very nice when setup properly isnt it.

Cheers, it certainly is Wez, I was a bit aprehensive at first, thinking my DSBC was fine, how wrong I was :D

Nice figures jay, what dyno was that on??

Andy

Cheers Andy, it's a Dastek dyno I think, Motoscopes at Northallerton (750 bhp per axle). Looking forward to Saturday at yours now, will I be able to run to 7200 in 5th on yours?

Cheers Jon, it's never been a problem for me before, probably because the F1's would just spin, but the 888's obviously grip like mad. Maybe CW can answer this, he'll probably tell me to ditch the 19's :D

I run 17's and use TOYO's (get lots of grip). Chris Wilson.......we need you please :)

Looking good mate :)

Cheers Rob :)

Good stuff matey,

You notice a difference with '82 housing?

you booked for marham?

:eyebrows:

I'd say so, it pulls even stronger after 6k now, it really doesn't let up.

I was looking at the thread last night, was so tempted, trouble is I've already got 2 weekends away around that time, will have to do some serious arse kissing with my lass if I were to come.