The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Terminators son

Guest Jack

Hi guys, don't own a supra but I have my dads nice old engine (terminator on this board) to put into my 200sx which is a project under way now.

Joined up to show my project and to try and source some parts.

Trying to get a soarer R154 box so if you can point me in the right direction then :)

Don't get me wrong I like my nissan but the engine sounds like a toy car in comparison to the supra. Hopefully the Twin setup will enable me to build the ultimate light weight street car.

Hi guys, don't own a supra but I have my dads nice old engine (terminator on this board) to put into my 200sx which is a project under way now.

Joined up to show my project and to try and source some parts.

Trying to get a soarer R154 box so if you can point me in the right direction then :)

Don't get me wrong I like my nissan but the engine sounds like a toy car in comparison to the supra. Hopefully the Twin setup will enable me to build the ultimate light weight street car.

Blimey, I wouldn't have admitted to being Terminator's son! :D

Welcome, sounds like a cool project, keep us updated and lots of pics please :)

RE: the box, the R154 should be readily available from most scrappies / breakers but is most often found from the UK mk3 Supra Turbo following them rotting to death or having lunched their engines from the infamous BHG.

You then need a 1JZ bellhousing for it and I'm not entirely sure what flywheel / clutch combo. The bellhousing can be bought new for a reasonable amount (try Nic on here). Much better than waiting an eternity for the R154 with 1JZ bellhousing already on that's from a JDM Mk3 Supra TT (JZA70, rare as hens teeth in manual form) or Soarer TT (same).

Cheers,

Brian.

RE: the box, the R154 should be readily available from most scrappies / breakers but is most often found from the UK mk3 Supra Turbo following them rotting to death or having lunched their engines from the infamous BHG.

You then need a 1JZ bellhousing for it and I'm not entirely sure what flywheel / clutch combo. The bellhousing can be bought new for a reasonable amount (try Nic on here). Much better than waiting an eternity for the R154 with 1JZ bellhousing already on that's from a JDM Mk3 Supra TT (JZA70, rare as hens teeth in manual form) or Soarer TT (same).

Cheers,

Brian.

Thanks for the advice I'll check a few options out. I've already got a source for fly wheels etc.

Cheers

Welcome fella, not sure if we've met but I used to go for drinks with your old man at the Hollywell Supra meets.. are you the one that had the accident on holiday? :)

That would be my brother, I'm the younger one and we may have met but theres been a fair few people with supra's / bits here in the past :D

You could try the toyota imports forum (mainly soarers) for the box. I believe smiffy is a bit of a dealer of second hand parts on there.

Thanks, I've given him a PM.

You have virtually no chance of finding a 1JZ R154 in this country. Your best option, as said above, will be a Mk3 turbo box (and clutch) and a 1JZ bellhousing from Toyota (or maybe from Driftmotion in the US, but it might be no cheaper by the time it's been shipped over).