The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What the heck are the council putting on the roads?

Dazzi

I've nearly lost the supra into another car, a bush, a brick wall and a tree and this is doing 40-50 on straight and 20-30 on bends. I have this horribly white powder all over my tyres and it takes some shifting to get it off.

Also last night before I found out about this stuff on my tyres I floored the supra in 2nd (30mph) on a straight road and did a rolling burnout for about 20ft which is hard for a n/a!!! The lass in the corsa behind me stayed well back! :blink:

I've nearly lost the supra into another car, a bush, a brick wall and a tree and this is doing 40-50 on straight and 20-30 on bends. I have this horribly white powder all over my tyres and it takes some shifting to get it off.

Also last night before I found out about this stuff on my tyres I floored the supra in 2nd (30mph) on a straight road and did a rolling burnout for about 20ft which is hard for a n/a!!! The lass in the corsa behind me stayed well back! :blink:

God only knows.

In reading, thyve been re-laying the gritty surface/coating that is before every pedestrian crossing (to improve grip/stopping power). But the damn contractors leave tons of loose stuff all over it as well.

Suffice to say that all you hear as you drive over it is click click click as teh stones hit the inner wings. God knows how much damage these stones cost to cars in terms of chips etc. Theyve been doing it for weeks now and every route in and out of Reading is effected, there is no way of avoiding it.

I say this stuff shouldnt be used and pedestrians should walk faster to cross the road and avoid being hit

Funnily enough all our roads are dry today and are white with dust. Was taking the Sup for a test drive with the temp boost gauge hooked up and managed to slide round most of this roundabout then tail slide off it in 2nd. Very unusual to do in the dry and took next to no effort.

Grit with a molasses coating, when it gets damp it's like diesel.

I'm getting bored with telling people this now.

That's to make it taste better eh???

Why can't we just do what most of northern Europe do and enforce fitting of snow tyres, then be done with this horrific mess of gritting the roads and the conseqences it brings? :search:

That's to make it taste better eh???

They say it's to make it stick to the roads, reduce the number of times the gritter has to visit each area and use less salt while reducing corrosion of the gritters themselves. All I can see it doing is making my cars dirtier and the roads slippy. Oh and sheep like it apparently and go to lick the roads :rolleyes:

I'm not sure if they use it everywhere but it's been on trial up here for ages, it's called "Safecote":

http://www.safecote.com