The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Oil change

tomgeer

Just changed my oil on the supra

I cannot believe how easy it was to do, you don't have to take off the undertray things like I thought you would, thank god cos it looks like theres about a million 10mm bolts holding it on ;)

I used Silkolene pro s 10w50 oil and a purolator L10241 oil filter both from Opie oils.

The funny thing is I just did our peugeot 307 hdi oil this morning aswell and it took 3 times as long to do, awkward the french aren't they

Just changed my oil on the supra

I cannot believe how easy it was to do, you don't have to take off the undertray things like I thought you would

How so? i have been intending to do this, but the thought of the undertray has put me off, is there a flap to remove on the undertray? i really should look but read your post so thought i'd ask.

I have access to car lifts which helps :), you can reach your arm in to get to the filter from behind the trays, the filter was hand tight too which is always good, the peugeot filter had to have a screwdriver stabbed through it about 8 times, it was seriously tight, as stevie says the sump plug is exposed anyway so that it easy too, it took 5.9 litres to fill it ;)

Here is a question, when you drain the oil do you guys just let the car back to the floor or do you jack it the opposite side to the sump plug to 'tip' the oil out...?

I normally just put the car back down onto level ground, was just wondering if there was a way to ensure all was drained..?

Hehe, I just did oil change in mine too. Oil drain plug is located at drivers side, almost in line with wheel, there is no chance to miss it, especially if you lift car a little. Oil filter is very easy to change on NA, just put plastic bag under it when you will unscrew it, so you will avoid mess at undertray and under a car. I managed to do this with only 2 drops of oil getting onto ground :D Used 5,5 litres of oil, all job done in 30 min :p