The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Racing Tips (was Racing Hart for no obvious reason)

Guest Hellraiser

Ban Hellraiser now?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Ban Hellraiser now?

Guest Hellraiser

Well i hate to say this it makes me look like a complete moron,but Hellraiser is back on again ,i mean the project only this time there is a small change ,its not going to be a supra,its going to be a muscle car hamann tuned.....,i want to keep things under wraps for now , i am going to start working on it soon

anyway thats no what this thread is about,i just wanted to discuss a slight guideline i follow to racing this applies ofcourse to the supra as well ,i have been into cars since 18, secretly taking my dads muscle car out on a circuit only to find him give me a pep talk after 3 months that had me refuse cars that didnt belong to me ,it was done for my own good and i thank him for that,anyways i will get to the point

this is my guide(adhoc)

*Never get into road races no matter how the opposition provokes you ,you might end up regretting it

*know the limit of your car ,never push it over its mechanical limit and grip

*racing is for the circuit

*study the circuit carefully,there are a lot of variables you can play with that knock of seconds

e.g:

increasing the downforce on the car increases grip thereby increasing acceleration but losing out on top speed

for instance a circuit like nuburgring it would be better to opt for the higher top speed rather than acceleration or strike the right mix because of the long straights

toe and camber settings etc..(suspension) affect drastically the way your car attacks a corner and follows through out of it

gear ratios preset sould be done according to circuit design

try not to feather the throttle

always brake before the bend not at it,be in gear and look to accelerate out of it quickly

follow racing lines for more grip and manouverability

staying directly behind another racing car on a high speed track gives you increased top speed and saves fuel (drafting),but staying too long can have a toll on braking,the aerodynamics and engine

*gradually build upto speed with a few casual laps

*always keep an eye of whats happening on track ahead and behind you

*trying giving unnecessary steering input

*always run on speed rated tyres

*your tyres contribute a major portion to the race

*ease into the brakes rather than prodding

*understand the understeer/oversteer characteristcis of your car

*try braking in a straight line to avoid the car twitching

*race not through vengeance,because you enjoy it

*always wear your seatbelt and be careful

theres more but i cant think of them all now ,i have to go drink my tea now:search:

I havent got a clue what the relevance of that was either.

Yes good advice, but why ? and how does it relate to the racing hart bit of the title.

My next thread is going to be entitled "3.4L Stroker kit advice required" and all im going to write about is how to make a good cup of tea !!!

no really, if I dont see a post thats actually of some use or relevence then you go on my watch list ready for a kick up the rear when Im having a bad day.

You have already admitted above that you stole your dads car to run it on a track so my patience with you is thin already.

Im going to spend a little more time and actually look at your previous posts to see if you really have added anything to the forum during your time here.

Guest Hellraiser
no really, if I dont see a post thats actually of some use or relevence then you go on my watch list ready for a kick up the rear when Im having a bad day.

You have already admitted above that you stole your dads car to run it on a track so my patience with you is thin already.

Im going to spend a little more time and actually look at your previous posts to see if you really have added anything to the forum during your time here.

look if you want me off the club just do it and stop grumbling,i am not too keen on this setup anyway the choice is yours ,i dont mind :),