The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Cars keyed - CCTV advice needed!

Mike_Mac

Some scrotum keyed the Supra (light scratches) last weekend, just before I had to go up away for work. I then came home on Tuesday to find the 406 had been keyed as well - 3 lines back and forth along the drivers and rear doors. :banghead: I re-sprayed it at work on Wednesday only to come back and find a nice deep cut - this time on the Supra (pics below).:(

It's been a regular thing on the lane where I park, as it's a shortcut for pedestrians to go from the town centre to the local park, so you get kids, dog-walkers etc all through the day.

All my neigbours cars has been done over (some of them big-time) at some point in the last 2-3 years, but up until now I've been left alone. The Police have been sympathetic, but I'm not holding my breath, as this generally always happens to the cars that are parked up during the day, when no-ones around. I just don't understand the mindest of these people - Jealousy? Envy? Boredom? I mean what is their problem? :search:

It's got to the point now where I've just had enough of it all. I've only just about finished paying off the 2 years of debts from all the other work I've had to do on this car. I've still got a lot of work to do to get it finished and now I've got another big bill just to keep it looking presentable. It's getting to the point now where I just can't afford to keep on laying out money I don't have.

SO...

Does anyone have any advice on a good (and I mean able to provide good clear face shots at 100m -night and day- type of good) CCTV system. As you can imagine the neigbours are just as pissed off as I am and one of them has a wall that would give a clear view right up the lane, with power take-offs available too. I want to have crystal clear images to pass on to the local cop-shop if they try it again.:angrymod:

Any thoughts anyone?

Supra-Scratch-001-sm.JPG

Supra-Scratch-002-sm.JPG

Supra-Scratch-004-sm.JPG

Sorry to hear about the damage, little feckers, on the cctv front short of a ptz dome or very good fixed camera with 50/60 mm lens and some lighting you`ll struggle to use the images for recognition.

Probably going to get onto the council about lighting for the lane anyway, as it's bordered by hedgerows on either side and is very dark at night. I'll keep the lens size in mid too thanks.:)

i can supply and install a good setup.

he can too. emin fitted me with a 24hr camera which went to its own 250gb hard drive, and the quality is great it has been running constantly for over a year now with no problems, and i can identify every cat in our area:d

100m is some distance but it's possible.

I've built up a fair bit of knowledge, buying camera's, a DVR with 500GB and other gear to install in my system.

But I'll obviously let Supra ST Myster sort it for you if he's in the business.

I got a bargain off Ebay the other day, brand new Panasonic colour camera with lens for £83 delivered - £400 to buy from cctv shops. :)

100m is some distance but it's possible.

I've built up a fair bit of knowledge, buying camera's, a DVR with 500GB and other gear to install in my system.

But I'll obviously let Supra ST Myster sort it for you if he's in the business.

I got a bargain off Ebay the other day, brand new Panasonic colour camera with lens for £83 delivered - £400 to buy from cctv shops. :)

but why would you need it in this crimeless state:p

Sorry to see that, the lil £$%^&&*:taped:

Shame you cant hook the camera up to an SA80 just to make sure they dont do it again.

I hope one of the neighbours catches them one day grrrrrrrr

Yep good idea.

How about a metal catapult? Put a nice cold can of stella on the roof of the supra and when they step on your property fire the ball bearing at their kneecaps?:taped::eyebrows:

Shame its not legal really!

but why would you need it in this crimeless state:p

LOL :)

You'll probably wouldn't believe the main reason I have for doing this. ;)

We live on a busy main road and the cat we used to have a number of years ago was killed on the road.

So when we got another cat which we took in after we saw him dodging traffic on the road we decided to put a harness on him with a long cord attached to the washing line which would keep him in the garden. But he keeps getting tangled up and we've also got new neighbours who have two dogs.

A couple a months ago a neighbour had a rabbit killed by the local fox.

That's the reason for the CCTV so I can keep and eye on the cat in the evenings whilst I'm on the computer or watching the tv.

I would never forgive myself if anything happened to him as he's obviously not aware of these dangers.

The system I'm installing also has the facility for watching and recording footage from any computer via the internet.

LOL :)

You'll probably wouldn't believe the main reason I have for doing this. ;)

We live on a busy main road and the cat we used to have a number of years ago was killed on the road.

So when we got another cat which we took in after we saw him dodging traffic on the road we decided to put a harness on him with a long cord attached to the washing line which would keep him in the garden. But he keeps getting tangled up and we've also got new neighbours who have two dogs.

The system I'm installing also has the facility for watching and recording footage from any computer via the internet.

A couple a months ago a neighbour had a rabbit killed by the local fox.

That's the reason for the CCTV so I can keep and eye on the cat in the evenings whilst I'm on the computer or watching the tv.

I would never forgive myself if anything happened to him as he's obviously not aware of these dangers.

ha ha ha sorry but plz tell me you are joking, you bought cctv to watch a cat hang itself on a long length of rope, a rabbit get pinched by the local fox:) now you must have an exciting neighberhood:D

ha ha ha sorry but plz tell me you are joking, you bought cctv to watch a cat hang itself on a long length of rope, a rabbit get pinched by the local fox:) now you must have an exciting neighberhood:D

The animal lovers on here might understand. ;)

I've always to install a complete system like this, it's just the sort of thing I like doing when I'm off work. But the cat is the main reason, he's part of the family and gives us a great deal of pleasure and he's worth every penny.

The animal lovers on here might understand. ;)

I've always to install a complete system like this, it's just the sort of thing I like doing when I'm off work. But the cat is the main reason, he's part of the family and gives us a great deal of pleasure and he's worth every penny.

only messing with you mate, is that the adorable moggy in your avatar:)

I think you will find that you are not allowed to point CCTV cameras beyond teh boundary of your property. You can pnly film your own land, not pavement etc, unless the pavement or road somhow cant be avoided whilst filming your land.

The best thing to do is ensure that everyone in your road report EVERY instance of this to the police. It is classed as criminal damage for which most Police and Local Authorities working in partnership have targets to reduce. If you keep reporting it, their figures rise which they dont like at all, and then they will be able to justify doing something about it permenantly, like full time CCTv cameras etc.

In the mean time, you may of heard about something called neighborhood policing. Basically the policing are rolling out thousands of Police Community Support Officers (PCSOs) and there role will be the front line in detering/catching these types of crimes. Each neighborhood policing area has to set up something called a NAG (neighborhood Action Group). Phone your local police station and ask to have information about your local NAG meetings, dates times etc and then attend. If you keep mentioning these issues at the meetings then they will ensure that additional patrols by the police and possibly your councils wardens (if you have them) occur more frequently to deter/catch people at it.

Hope this info is of use.

I think you will find that you are not allowed to point CCTV cameras beyond teh boundary of your property. You can pnly film your own land, not pavement etc, unless the pavement or road somhow cant be avoided whilst filming your land.

It's a private road that is jointly owned by all the residents, so I think I'm ok on this one.

The best thing to do is ensure that everyone in your road report EVERY instance of this to the police. In the mean time, you may of heard about something called neighborhood policing. Basically the policing are rolling out thousands of Police Community Support Officers (PCSOs) and there role will be the front line in detering/catching these types of crimes. Each neighborhood policing area has to set up something called a NAG (neighborhood Action Group).

AFAIK most do report it, but I've asked for the Sgt of the local NAG to get in touch, so we can all put our point across to him.

To BASHTHEBISHOP - They'd better hope none of the neighbours, or myself, catches them. ;)

It's a private road that is jointly owned by all the residents, so I think I'm ok on this one.

AFAIK most do report it, but I've asked for the Sgt of the local NAG to get in touch, so we can all put our point across to him.

To BASHTHEBISHOP - They'd better hope none of the neighbours, or myself, catches them. ;)

Why are people allowed to walk down your private road ?

If its private and not a right of way, are they not tresspassing ?

Hope you have some luck with the Police/extra patrols.

Why are people allowed to walk down your private road ?

If its private and not a right of way, are they not tresspassing ?

Although it's jointly owned by all the residents it's also a public bridleway and is a very convenient route for the local fields and playing grounds. Unfortunately these are used by the local kids to hang around in when they bunk off school. As all the latest keyings happened during the day it's my suspicion that some of these pratts are the ones behind it as some sort of sad 'dare' or 'credibility' thing.

I don't mind dog walkers and pedestrians coming down it in the slightest and don't want to get all NIMBY about it. All I'd want is for people to respect other peoples possessions.

you really need to make sure the cam is small otherwise the new street game might be "smash the camera" instead of "key the car" :( hope you get the little f*?!ers

Shame you cant hook the camera up to an SA80 just to make sure they dont do it again.

did you see the directors cut of aliens ? those sentry guns are class :D they should really think about making them

You're still only allowed to film your own property.

Who cares whats 'allowed' if your cars or propertly is being needlessly vandalised or stolen....

I have installed cameras on my property overlooking onto the pavement....

The police couldnt even be RSed to come out when thieves tried to steal my supra and wrecked the door lock and window :taped:

They certainly wont chase you up for a camera there mate especially if theres no ***** neighbours and they all agree.

Sorry to see the damage to the car....that sucks big time :taped:

Scumbags are everywhere....just more in some places than others :search:

You can also get cameras for inside your car ;)

but they wont be cheap!

You can also get cameras for inside your car ;)

but they wont be cheap!

I thought about this, but didn't want a car that looked like Belmarsh. Also with the Supe being so low I'd more likely only see their midsection. Plus I'd like to catch them regardless of if it's my car they're doing.

To steveo - agreed on 'smash the camera' possiblities and unfortunately the only viable mounting point is pretty visible, but combined with another neighbour's system down the road I should be able to see the mongs who do it clearly if they do.

Will need to start diverting money from my suspension renewal fund to 'CCTV git spotting' fund!:rolleyes: