The mkiv Supra Owners Club

TT Transplant

Golddigga

I currently am the proud owner of an N/A supra but I am seriously considering the TT transplant.

My car is manual so I would be running the engine through my 5 speed box.

Can I have the opinions of owners of N/A that have undertaken this transplant as to how good this is?

Thanks

Its just the gearing that is diff really.. The 5 speed will make it great on acceleration, but you will be reving the car harder to maintain speed.. For instance the car will be doing nearly 4k @ 90MPH whereas a 6speed would be doing something like 2.8k ish

Fitting a Auto Diff will help as the ratios become inbetween both.. Exactly how i will run my VVTI Aerotop 5 Speed (When ive got time)

You will also need to uprate the clutch.. Ive herd of the standard NA clutch (NEW) hold the standard TT power but youll deff want to go BPU so do it whilst its all out...

Ive driven a TT 5speed with a RPS clutch, it was a little heavy but youll get use to it after a while..

Its just the gearing that is diff really.. The 5 speed will make it great on acceleration, but you will be reving the car harder to maintain speed.. For instance the car will be doing nearly 4k @ 90MPH whereas a 6speed would be doing something like 2.8k ish

Now how would you know what RPM the engine does @ 90mph eh.... ;)

I'm picking my car up tomorrow midday from having a TT fitted and i've got a 5 speed manual box in. Currently got the standard clutch but will be fitting an uprated one ASAP.

I'll post up and let you know how it drives....and if i still own a licence after the drive home ;):D

I had a 5spd in my TT transplant for a while. Great acceleration, but a bit high revving to use regularly on motorways etc. But fantastic for the quick bursts, my clutch did give way though so I d recommend a RPS max if you plan to stick to stock-BPU levels of power

im liking the high revs :). the power is always there

I picked up my Supra after the TT conversion yesterday from Keron and i am in love :) It's running like a dream and the power is always on the tap in the 5 speed ;)

Don't know what power it's running but it feels good. Highly reccomended.

Great job Keron.

how long did it take him?

and how much did it all cost? pm me if you like

I picked up my Supra after the TT conversion yesterday from Keron and i am in love :) It's running like a dream and the power is always on the tap in the 5 speed ;)

Don't know what power it's running but it feels good. Highly reccomended.

Great job Keron.

So Keron offers garage services now? :confused: He's always denied this to date, so this is very interesting to hear.