The mkiv Supra Owners Club

advice on nitrous kit for my na :)

supra-lover

hellooooo... i have saved 3k now for my TT lump but have gone off the idea lol i'm gonna go the nitrous rought to get some more power out of the old girl, before i buy i need some advice on which kit to buy and all the gubbins i will need as in i fancy the full works here, be cool if you can shed some lite on this cheers guys chris..

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol make your mind up! i was considering this a while back, thinking of using the nos for just when i needed it, but i would just end up using the lot of it in a few minutes knowing me and then not bothering to get it recharged

as i say i can get refills very cheap so thats all good :) i have the cash so i'm gonna buy the best kit i can for my car i think 60 bhp is max

Might work out cheaper to sell yours and then buy a TT mate :) I've always fancied doing the Nitrous thing but I think the filling up and the problem with insuring the car with it fitted is a no no :(

i'm getting it done mate,not gonna have gay NOS stickers all over my car like some cocks do, i'm very interested too see how diff she will be

I know it's been said, but you would be WAY better off selling & buying a TT. Way more reliable and useable, too - with zero downsides and pitfalls. Your choice!!

main reason being na auto's a worth F-all i paid 5200 a year ago and there going for about 2.5k now there worth nothing :( no way on earth i'm gonna have some prat come and offer me silly money for it, i'd rather scrap it tbh

Sometimes Chris you just don't reason these things out before posting :D

On a good day a wet Nos system will gain you about 75hp for about 4-5 minutes. It'll cost £800 ish to buy and install, plus £60 for every 5 minutes of less than stock TT power

A TT engine swap will get you about 100 more BHP on tap, 100% of the time you use the car, no extra costs involved aside from the slight increase in petrol costs. You then have BPU to play with which will get you a net gain of around 200hp

NOS on an NA makes no sense whatsoever if you are after ongoing power gains.

On a good day a wet Nos system will gain you about 75hp for about 4-5 minutes. It'll cost £800 ish to buy and install, plus £60 for every 5 minutes of less than stock TT power

A TT engine swap will get you about 100 more BHP on tap, 100% of the time you use the car, no extra costs involved aside from the slight increase in petrol costs. You then have BPU to play with which will get you a net gain of around 200hp

Order is restored. :D

But will you be able to change his mind any quicker after the last 'I cannot make up my mind thread'.

christ you always have to stop me in my tracks lol i didn't reallies it only lasted 5 minutes