The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Aerotop removal tool?

Homer

Its just a reversible wrench, with an approximately 6mm allen key attached. I have got one in the car which I could take a photo of if you really really need to see one.

The '5th' bolt is meant to be a holding bolt if you want to pop the roof on temporarily, without having to do all the others up as well. I don't tend to have that one tightened, as I don't really think its necessary (plus its a bit worn) :)

Its just a reversible wrench, with an approximately 6mm allen key attached. I have got one in the car which I could take a photo of if you really really need to see one.

The '5th' bolt is meant to be a holding bolt if you want to pop the roof on temporarily, without having to do all the others up as well. I don't tend to have that one tightened, as I don't really think its necessary (plus its a bit worn) :)

Thanks mate, looks like I'm missing the bolt, that would explain why it didn't appear to do anything!

I've got an original one for my car, but it is just a normal allen key. I used to have a small electric screwdriver which was a bit easier :)

Thanks again Gav, after seeing ViperRob struggle with his roof I already decided a power screwdriver is in order :D

Can either of you guys get an exact measurement for the allen key size? The bolts are a little worn on the car so can't get an accurate meaure.

hi guys/gals!

Might be a little bit off topic, but here goes;)

Does anyone have problems with knocking noises coming from the aerotop roof itself? I have loads of knocking sounds when i go over bumps. I was wondering if it could be the middle bolt assembly coming loose from the roof?

Any one have any suggestions?

saq

Have you made sure that all your bolts have been done up tight? Even if you have, the 'vertical' ones at the front can come undone slightly after they've been tensioned the first time after the roof goes back on.

The other, more important, thing to make sure, is that you park on a flat surface and do them up in the correct order. Which is, passenger front, driver rear, driver front, then passenger rear. That's what I do, and it seems to work fine for me.

Or is it the other way round? ;)

hi guys/gals!

Might be a little bit off topic, but here goes;)

Does anyone have problems with knocking noises coming from the aerotop roof itself? I have loads of knocking sounds when i go over bumps. I was wondering if it could be the middle bolt assembly coming loose from the roof?

Any one have any suggestions?

saq

No knocking just loads of squeaking!:rolleyes:

• 1 month later...