The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1/4 mile times with phr street kit

uzthedentist

How on earth did TDR manage a 11.9 with around 400bhp if a 550bhp sup will only manage around that time?

Is he that good or are most people that bad at driving?

He has a high stall torque converter. They make all the difference to drag racing.

IIRC MonkeyMARK did an 11.9 in a TT Auto with basically just a high stall and a decat.

He has a high stall torque converter. They make all the difference to drag racing.

IIRC MonkeyMARK did an 11.9 in a TT Auto with basically just a high stall and a decat.

+ FMIC and HKS cams IIRC.

There are a number of ways to get into the 11's with a stockish setup but at the end of the day it takes the right driver in the hot seat too. :)

RE: My terminals, on my fastest recorded ET of 11.90 my terminal was 113mph - so not all that great on my best run.

I've yet to have my 'all conquering' run so to speak where it all comes together as on that run I wasn't running my extra power producing advanced ignition setup which was seeing me with higher terminals of 120 and 121mph with 11.92 and 11.96 ET's. Unfortunately by that point at TOTB it was very hot and I think that was making the difference at the start of a run.

I need to get to Santa Pod at some point this season when there's decent but not too hot weather - that's when it should all come together and I'll be able to get the combo of lowest 60ft, ET and highest terminal. There's potentially another half second to come from my setup.

On the thread topic, that's a quick spooling single so you wouldn't want a really aggressive TC mated to it IMO as you'll end up skipping a good bit of it's meaty torque curve. I think low 11's should certainly be possible with the setup suggested though.

Rob's setup should lend itself well to producing nice times with his combination of a quick spooling turbo with a 3,200 stall TC - watch this space eh Rob?!?

For drag I think the combo of a 4,000 stall TC with a turbo like a T71 or HKS T51 would produce the best results assuming an optimised setup. The effect being you jump straight into the powerband of the big brute normally laggy turbo :D

Cheers,

Brian.

+ FMIC and HKS cams IIRC.

Rob's setup should lend itself well to producing nice times with his combination of a quick spooling turbo with a 3,200 stall TC - watch this space eh Rob?!?

Cheers,

Brian.

Hopefully matey :) I've also plugged for some 452's as well based on your drag times :)

For the ultimate launch on a road legal tyre it looks like MT E/T Street DR's are the way to go - that's what I'm gonna run at the pod :)

Ahh Right :cool: how much are they? I keep toying with just keeping the 452's as a respectable road tyre and to have another set of tyres i.e. MT just for the track hmmm...*goes to check bank account* :)

Ahh Right :cool: how much are they? I keep toying with just keeping the 452's as a respectable road tyre and to have another set of tyres i.e. MT just for the track hmmm...*goes to check bank account* :)

Not tracked down a supplier yet but havent really looked - just know that's the tyres I'm gonna opt for next....

.... just had a quick look and found them here:

http://laracingparts.com/acatalog/Mickey_Thompson_E_T__Street_Radial_Tires.html

For £150 + VAT per tyre for 275/40/17's :)

Cheers,

Brian.