The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Veilside Overfender Wheel Sizes & Offsets

b.weeks

Dear all,

I have Veilside overfenders (flared arches) been fitted to the car. The overfenders had the arches rolled.

I now need to order some new wheels. However, there is some confusion over what size alloys and offsets that I should go for. As I need to get the wheels made up in Japan and sent over, I need to make sure I get it right.

I am going for SSR MS1's. The company that make them say they cannot advise going for larger than 11" at the rear. However, I know of other people who are running the same overfenders (and fitted at the same place) that are running 9 (or 9.5") at the front and 12" at the rear. I think 11" at the rear may still look a little lost ...

From Veilside USA I have:

-----

The Specs used previously for our customer’s car was as follows.

F: 19 x 9.0 (+35) or (+42 for) BBK

R: 19 x 10 (+35) or 19 x 12 (+35 for cut) ** This means the steel fenders must be cut to accommodate the larger wheels

-----

(I was originally going to run 19" but will now be running 18", assume width and offset will remain the same)

I will be upgrading to Ohlins after-market track suspension (this will be a track car).

NB I am currently running:

Mania Vortex 8 x 18 5 x 114 E32

Mania Vortex 9 x 18 5 x 114 ET35

Any help much appreciated!

Regards,

Ben.

Pics 083.JPG

Pics 084.JPG

Pics 085.JPG

Pics 086.JPG

Pics 087.JPG

Pics 088.JPG