The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Ross Racing fuel rail and line lock just arrived

tooquicktostop

A line lock is a solenoid put into the brake system which keeps line pressure to a certain set of calipers.

I.E.: When you push in your brake pedal, while its on the floor, you push the trigger on the line lock. While holding the trigger, you release the pedal and it keeps your front brakes locked. Thus allowing you to do a burnout effortlessly or stage a car for drag racing easier. Very useful piece!

A line lock is a solenoid put into the brake system which keeps line pressure to a certain set of calipers.

I.E.: When you push in your brake pedal, while its on the floor, you push the trigger on the line lock. While holding the trigger, you release the pedal and it keeps your front brakes locked. Thus allowing you to do a burnout effortlessly or stage a car for drag racing easier. Very useful piece!

Oh i see. Ta very much ;)

Have fun with the line lock :) just got mine back from being fitted, expect excessive tyre wear whilst playing :)

When fitted correctly it doesn't interfere with the ABS at all, i'll get you a picture of mine fitted into ABS pipework if required?

Mark is fitting mine at Phoenix, I dont touch spanners they bring me out in a rash :D

I will only be using it for TOTB and SupraPod (hint hint)

Yes yes i said that as well only at drag strip :) but how will i know how to make it work if i haven't tried it? :)

Also had launch control fitted so i've got a couple of new things to get used to :)

I have the AEM launch control being mapped in to, along with a new set of wheels and tyres

I will be getting drag rears for the pod this year

What size are you running on the rear?

I've got grip issues and don't know what way to go :(

Looked at another set of rear 18" with R888 or 17" with R888 and a taller side wall, but i'd like drag tyres but i understand they need to be on 16" rims and don't know if they will clear rear uk brakes?

If i go drag tyres i hope that it will launch at 6k, on Toyo Proxes T1-R i can only manage 3.5/4k lauch revs before they spin up too much:(

Don't know what the R888 are like for grip :(

Also grip at Pod is different to normal roads so i think a few RWYB may be needed to sort out best tyre option

What size are you running on the rear?

I've got grip issues and don't know what way to go :(

Looked at another set of rear 18" with R888 or 17" with R888 and a taller side wall, but i'd like drag tyres but i understand they need to be on 16" rims and don't know if they will clear rear uk brakes?

If i go drag tyres i hope that it will launch at 6k, on Toyo Proxes T1-R i can only manage 3.5/4k lauch revs before they spin up too much:(

Don't know what the R888 are like for grip :(

Also grip at Pod is different to normal roads so i think a few RWYB may be needed to sort out best tyre option

I will need several runs to get used to drag tyres and launch procedure, I was wheel hopping and spinning them all day long on 19" last year

I have jspec rear brakes so 16" wheels ok or me

Have fun with the line lock :) just got mine back from being fitted, expect excessive tyre wear whilst playing :)

When fitted correctly it doesn't interfere with the ABS at all, i'll get you a picture of mine fitted into ABS pipework if required?

Gaz, can I see how yours is plumbed in? I am 99% sure I know where I am going to put it, Fish has kindly sent me some pics but it would be great to see someone else's too. I have ABS on a facelift.